Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
When we were boarding our flight in L.A. , I said to the ticket taker boy, “This is a smoking flight, right?" He responded, “Yes it is. The best place is in the lavatory." Then we both laughed.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
While rushing between planes to the outdoor smokers area, I asked the security boy if we couldn't just duck out the side door and slam a smoke on the tarmac. He said, “Sure you can! We'll even give you a special strip search if you you do!" We passed on that one.
LOL

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hiya Monica! How's the throat doing? Karen seems to be having cold like symptoms the last 2 days…a week after potentially being exposed to that fun respiratory virus. I'm just hanging around hearing water bucket choppers flying overhead. We've gotten no warnings so ideally we're safe, but we've got fires everywhere.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I had friends talking about Halloween so I doodled a tree and plan to creep it up a bit more this evening. Hehehe View attachment 95844
You know I expect nothing short of perfection from you! Told ya it would come back easy. Keep this sketch as inspiration;ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410733763.980557.jpgand the artist of this sketch, laney, is back!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Holy crap you guys! I just came back outside and the smoke is thick! I'm not sure how well it will show in the picture, but here's a “normal" view and one from right now. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410735358.974409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410735380.758347.jpg
Time to maybe think of gathering tortoises up…

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Man,
This news clip explains where our smoke is coming from. View attachment 95858

Man, Cowboy, I would have a quick plan ready. The last time I saw smoke like that was one county away. Then, before we can get anything ready, firemen told my family they had 5 minutes to get out. As some know, those wild fires burned my new home down to the ground about 17 years ago. Yeah, I'd get those torts somewhere safe until you know the fires are under control.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When we went to bed, that fire was 30 acres. Now reading it's grown to 1000 is kind of scary. Ok. Real freakin scary.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Currently it's 93° in the shade here. I just went down to the barn and brought the animal carriers up to the garage by the house for easy access. The fire is miles from us, but we live up hill from a creek that many townies like to go and swim in. People are dumb at times and they are below us and fire burns uphill.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Currently it's 93° in the shade here. I just went down to the barn and brought the animal carriers up to the garage by the house for easy access. The fire is miles from us, but we live up hill from a creek that many townies like to go and swim in. People are dumb at times and they are below us and fire burns uphill.
how close is your house to the fire?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Likely 15 miles. It's the any other fires that may break out we worry about. We live in the same type of terrain with the added attraction of the creek for townies below us. Tomorrow will be hotter. Just glad it's a school day. People always think the cigarette flicked in the brush won't start a fire, you know?