Pretend Chat 2.14

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
That looks like palm beach where we are. We are hoping to get near west Virginia

What part of Palm Beach are you in??? I'm rather familiar with the area and have never seen anything like that anywhere near there (except for the clouds maybe). BTW, WV is a L-O-N-G way away...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I just stopped by Nanks enclosure to feed him and I started rubbing his shell a little because I usually do, he doesn't mind it and sit makes me happy. He started backing up after he'd walked by so I thought he wanted more, so hoping he wasn't timid today I put my finger out in front of his chin so he could approach it and maybe me scratch his chin... He had other ideas, I guess my finger looked yummy because he sniffed then "don't mind if I do" *nibble nibble* haha it was cute probably because it didn't hurt, so I picked him up and pointed him to his food lol because he must have been quite hungry <3 he's the greatest

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
What part of Palm Beach are you in??? I'm rather familiar with the area and have never seen anything like that anywhere near there (except for the clouds maybe). BTW, WV is a L-O-N-G way away...
I'm near Vero beach now. We are headed north on 95.
Oh for anyone else that road travels, the lighter plug in ovens for like $30 make travel food more healthy and delicious. We got it for winter off roading but we use it anytime we travel now.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
If you are trying for WV and have to stop before then (e.g. weather); do so in Mt Sterling or Morehead KY. It's a long barren hilly stretch between there and Ashland, KY or Huntington, WV. Morehead is the last civilization before you hear banjos in the background!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
If you are trying for WV and have to stop before then (e.g. weather); do so in Mt Sterling or Morehead KY. It's a long barren hilly stretch between there and Ashland, KY or Huntington, WV. Morehead is the last civilization before you hear banjos in the background!
Eek I dislike not stopping in civilization. Hopefully Mike went on a site and has a dog friendly hotel picked out already

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wish I were with Jeff this am. He has five hours to kill in Phoenix. I know how I would be trying to spend it.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Eek I dislike not stopping in civilization. Hopefully Mike went on a site and has a dog friendly hotel picked out already

Lexington or Mt Sterling would be my suggestions. Morehead is the "last chance" option.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Lexington or Mt Sterling would be my suggestions. Morehead is the "last chance" option.
It doesn't look like we will go through that area. We are talking 95 to 26 to 77. I think it will go Florida, south Carolina, north Carolina, west Virginia, Ohio, Michigan

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Yes, his smart mouth got him in trouble with @A Carson a while ago. I had to delete almost a whole thread and poor Alisha threatened to leave the Forum because of him.

Not everyone understands you, Little Nicky Poo. Behave yourself on the rest of the Forum.
I think she did leave.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
It doesn't look like we will go through that area. We are talking 95 to 26 to 77. I think it will go Florida, south Carolina, north Carolina, west Virginia, Ohio, Michigan

Lots of nice countryside on that route and a different stretch of banjo music between Columbia, SC and Charleston, WV.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wanted to mention that I really doubt little Nicky Poo will understand what @Turtulas-Len was trying to do for him. But thanks, Len. I think what Leighti says is true. He's protected from the real world and will have to learn his own life lessons. But I enjoyed learning a bit more about you and how you grew up. You're one of my heros, you know. I love reading your posts about the plants you raise.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I wanted to mention that I really doubt little Nicky Poo will understand what @Turtulas-Len was trying to do for him. But thanks, Len. I think what Leighti says is true. He's protected from the real world and will have to learn his own life lessons. But I enjoyed learning a bit more about you and how you grew up. You're one of my heros, you know. I love reading your posts about the plants you raise.
i understood Tirtulas-Len.