Pretend Chat 2.14

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Possesion is 9/10 of the law. I would NOT let her take him especially if she doesnt care for him correctly. Give her the money she paid for him get a money order so you have proof you reimbursed her. If she wont take money order send it to her in a registered letter that she must sign for. ( tell her something happened to him (small white lie to save lou) and u got another hows she gonna prove thats the tort she bought? I would do ANYTHING to save lous life if it were me.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
She can argue that she still comes
Over and feeds him since she has a key. She has the receipt and since it's a small town she knows most of the police officers and I'm fairly new here I'm at a disadvantage. Plus I have a criminal record so I'm gonna be looked down on for that too.

LoutheRussian

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Luke,
You can always go the abandoned animal route with associated charges due with collection of Lou. As a for instance, I would think $12.50 per day would be a fair fee for the boarding of a tortoise and keeping it healthy. I just think in terms of horses. If one were to abandon a horse here at my place, then come back months later, there would be fees attached. Just saying…

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Possesion is 9/10 of the law. I would NOT let her take him especially if she doesnt care for him correctly. Give her the money she paid for him get a money order so you have proof you reimbursed her. If she wont take money order send it to her in a registered letter that she must sign for. ( tell her something happened to him (small white lie to save lou) and u got another hows she gonna prove thats the tort she bought? I would do ANYTHING to save lous life if it were me.
That's what I would do. I was prepared to do the same thing with my torts with my ex, but thankfully it didn't go that far

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
She would never pay me anything for keeping him. And I agree possession counts for a lot but this is a small community where who you know means more than the law often times.

LoutheRussian

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Sorry Luke but she sounds like a very vendictive person. I wish you and yours only the best. You are lous only voice, remember that. :)

Lou depends on YOU to keep him safe, healthy and happy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's up to you in the end, but in this case if it were me, I'd swallow my personal fears and come out fighting to keep the little guy. She is counting on you giving in rather then fighting.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just know whatever YOU decide to do, we are here for you and we won't judge only understand.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
It's up to you in the end, but in this case if it were me, I'd swallow my personal fears and come out fighting to keep the little guy. She is counting on you giving in rather then fighting.

100 % Agreed.. Id fight tooth and nail.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
AGREED!

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I will fight as much as I can. I don't know if y'all have been to jail or arrested and convicted but that's not a process I want to go through again and If she calls the cops it'll be a domestic dispute and 9 times out of 10 the guy gets arrested. And someone nearly always gets taken for the scene.

LoutheRussian

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
You do what you want Luke, but imo theres no way she can prove thats the tort she bought. Theres too many ways around her getting him bk. Put him somewhere she cant find him and send the registered letter with money order. You can and from how all this sounds to me You Need to place a restraining order on her. Thats to protect you. IMO she certainly wouldnt still have a key to my house. I do not allow anyone or anything around me that would jeopardize my FREEDOM. It sounds like she only wants to keep mess stirred up imo.

You and Lou both are better than that. :)

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
Restraining order? That's just ridiculous and taking it to far. It is her tort and while she did leave him with me she has every right to take him back. I will try and keep him but I can only do so much. I won't be involving the law at all.

LoutheRussian

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Forget about the keys and get new locks.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Here and again i said if it were me and imo. I would handle it that way. I wouldnt give a dang who bought what. Shed provide him (lou) with the proper care or id involve whatever authorities i could. Regardless of how rediculous it may sound to some. That tort didnt ask to be put in the middle of yalls relationship problems and he deserves nothing but the best care. I hope everything works out for the best. And wish you nothing but the best. :)

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I was thinking about changing the locks too lol. I have to get a he of my
Landlord to do it though and I'm leaving town today. I've talked to my Ex's best friend who was the one that purchased Lou or her as a birthday gift and is going to try to convince my
Ex to leave him. We both know he is just trying to hurt me by taking him and has no way of properly caring for him. If she does take him I will call animal control and report abuse and when they take him I'll go rescue him. But really whatever happens happens. I never expect good things in my life to last. I have really really bad luck. If Lou must go and if I can't get him back I will try to get a new little buddy I just hope it gets resolved without to much trouble

LoutheRussian

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
:( I hope you get Lou.

There's a chance my friend will be up in the PNW in about a month, can you PM your adress so I can figure how far off the trail you are? Thanks.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Littlefoot hopes everyone is having a good Friday! Nothing's better than fresh moss and coir, and FRIDAYS! Yeah! :D

Attachments

• Twitterd860def_jpg.jpg
    Twitterd860def_jpg.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 11