Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Man my boss is Awesome. I know I've told you guys all the extra stuff my boss does to keep us happy but he just did it again.

He asked me why I didn't leave to AZ with my family so I told him it was because they were going for 3 weeks and I couldn't take that much time off so I bought a plane ticket to fly out and join them for the last week of there trip. I have 15 days left of vacation time so technically I could but I can't be gone that long and wouldn't want to burn all my days up at once.

I also told him I was afraid that my project would run long and I'd look like a total jerk for taking off when I was trying to close out a project. The dates of this vacation were set by when my mother in law could get off from her job, not mine. So I told him I was trying to balance my vacation time with my work schedule and ended up finishing my project on time so now I'm just here for 2 weeks before I can join my family.

He said yeah having me gone for 3 weeks would hurt but theres no reason for me not to take 2 weeks. I told him my budget for this trip was already tight and I couldn't swing the additional funds for a last minute change to my ticket. He told me go book the flight and turn it in for reimbursement ;)

The original ticket was bought durning a 72 hour sale and only cost me $69 and was landing me in an airport almost 4 hours from home. My new flight lands me at the Tucson airport which is an hour from the MIL's house. Even with flying to a different airport and a last minute change the extra cost was only $205. I bought the ticket and printed the paperwork out and he handed me cash and said enjoy your 2 weeks.

How awesome is that???!!!???
I would not mind working for this guy too.

But on the other hand, you must be a good worker too, otherwise, no supervisor or boss would do this for a lousy or a so-so employee.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I would not mind working for this guy too.

But on the other hand, you must be a good worker too, otherwise, no supervisor or boss would do this for a lousy or a so-so employee.

I don't like to pat myself on the back but Im good at what I do. I just take pride in my work and make sure my customers stay happy and projects get done within budget which keeps the boss happy.

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Fire jump pic race #2
I honestly was so delirious and dehydrated despite my best hydrating efforts, I only remember bits and pieces of this race. But this with a guy I'd been friends with on line and got to actually meet in person and run with, pretty awesome. And he stayed with slow me :) that's what being a Spartan is all about
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437071763.456673.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well I'm off I think, to town. Ava ran out of dog food and for some reason expects more. Annnnd I've an epipen to pick up I believe. These bees aren't going anywhere and now I don't intend to either!!

Dogs are like that. :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Gosh guys... good to see you all...
upload_2015-7-16_16-26-0.jpeg
I know I've got pictures for you all, like Elmo's new enclosure ;)
Tomorrow! Got one of an adorable little male turtle painted I moved out the road today.
WHAT EVER has been going on? Kevin's birthday? Vacations??
:eek:
Jacqui's gone? But I see her :D
Maybe puffy got locked out by her password again :(

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hello everyone. How is your day goes so far? It is hotter today weather wise. Tomorrow will be even worse.

For who like the hot weather, you can have it.
Hi boua! Back in the States?
Wet and rainy here, I'll take it :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'm outside the pharmacy here in town. Now you've all read me moaning about our lack of water. Town has even asked the locals to voluntarily restrict their water usage, so here's the neon sign at the pharmacy View attachment 139387
images