Pretend Chat 2.14

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
My daughter had her work schedule changed again and she has the same schedule as her husband. That's a real bummer for me becàuse now I only see my wife 3 days a week. My wife watches the grandchildren and its at night starting before I get home. I don't like coming home to an empty house.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yall get PM notifications from the TFO app? I don't and there isn't an option to do so. ??

It only does it sometimes. I think I've mentioned that the app is horrible. Y'all should make the switch to the browser version now before the app becomes defunct.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
How neat to not only get to meet him, but to then run with him too. :)
I actually wasn't going to do the second day (the shorter race) because the first one tested me so much mentally and physically, but I met him after the first day among other people while chilling with our post race beers (DO NOT I repeat do not drink your post race beer after a hard race and eating very little! Holy head spinning!) and he was like "I'll run with you, start together end together" and then I before I knew it I agreed and pushed my very tired self again!
And I usually feel weird about meeting people from the Internet. But race people are a little different.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I actually wasn't going to do the second day (the shorter race) because the first one tested me so much mentally and physically, but I met him after the first day among other people while chilling with our post race beers (DO NOT I repeat do not drink your post race beer after a hard race and eating very little! Holy head spinning!) and he was like "I'll run with you, start together end together" and then I before I knew it I agreed and pushed my very tired self again!
And I usually feel weird about meeting people from the Internet. But race people are a little different.

Whens your next race?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hmmmm...I think I'll name my next tortoise Wibble! :p
Sorry, I was asking Spud's mum which forum she was trying to create a new thread on, but Cameron beat me to it.
So I changed my post to wibble.
Hi, Bea, i've mainly been in my Cold Dark Room, which you don't seem to have visited yet.:(
Hope you're well.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Sorry, I was asking Spud's mum which forum she was trying to create a new thread on, but Cameron beat me to it.
So I changed my post to wibble.
Hi, Bea, i've mainly been in my Cold Dark Room, which you don't seem to have visited yet.:(
Hope you're well.
"Cold Dark Room"????????
Is that a thread somewhere?

I've been okay. Spending a lot of extra time and energy trying to manage an upsurge of anxiety at work. Once I decided to retire in October, half my brain jumped the gun and is already outta here!!! :p I SO want out NNOWW!!!!!

On top of that, a very dear friend and spiritual mentor just found out her aggressive breast cancer has NOT responded to her chemotherapy, so she goes in for a mastectomy Monday. The mastectomy is the least of her worries: the rapidly enlarging cancer which is resistant to chemo is bad- VERY bad... :(. And she's only 46...:(

So I've been a bit preoccupied...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
"Cold Dark Room"????????

I've been okay. Spending a lot of extra time and energy trying to manage an upsurge of anxiety at work. Once I decided to retire in October, half my brain jumped the gun and is already outta here!!! :p I SO want out NNOWW!!!!!

On top of that, a very dear friend and spiritual mentor just found out her aggressive breast cancer has NOT responded to her chemotherapy, so she goes in for a mastectomy Monday. The mastectomy is the least of her worries: the rapidly enlarging cancer which is resistant to chemo is bad- VERY bad... :(. And she's only 46...:(

You and your mentor have my sympathy and support for what it's worth. I mean that from a good place inside of me.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
"Cold Dark Room"????????

Oh dear, Bea, that's horrid.
46 is no sort of age nowadays.
Retirements good and October will be here before you know it.
I think you've found the Cold Dark Room.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's so funny that you say that, because when I have troubles falling asleep I "daydream" in a sense. I picture different scenes and where I'd like to go and what I'd like to do. It helps immensely.

You're also correct about the electronics. They did a study on it and ended up saying that you should sleep with your phone in another room.
That will help your other half sleep but if your in the other room and still have your phone how will it help you?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I would not mind working for this guy too.

But on the other hand, you must be a good worker too, otherwise, no supervisor or boss would do this for a lousy or a so-so employee.
What a great boss! I put in a claim for £59.75 to mine today, she gave me £60 .............. and wanted 25p change!
Want to swap?

Last edited: