Pretend Chat 2.14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all. I've woken with a smile on my face. The sky has high clouds and a gentle breeze is in the air. I know these high clouds will burn off before noon but waking with a smile is good for my soul. (Take that all of you none morning people)!
You been listening to your body again Ken?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
"Cold Dark Room"????????
Is that a thread somewhere?

I've been okay. Spending a lot of extra time and energy trying to manage an upsurge of anxiety at work. Once I decided to retire in October, half my brain jumped the gun and is already outta here!!! :p I SO want out NNOWW!!!!!

On top of that, a very dear friend and spiritual mentor just found out her aggressive breast cancer has NOT responded to her chemotherapy, so she goes in for a mastectomy Monday. The mastectomy is the least of her worries: the rapidly enlarging cancer which is resistant to chemo is bad- VERY bad... :(. And she's only 46...:(

So I've been a bit preoccupied...
It's so frustrating when you have to watch a friend going through all that and can't make it better. All good wishes to her and yourself, Bea.

I know what you mean about work I have been thinking of early retirement since my twenties :rolleyes: but even more so lately and thinking of going at Xmas.
It is said you should work to live, not live to work- but that is easier said than done and I can't wait to have time for my life. Hopefully time will pass quickly for you Bea, and then you'll probably wonder how you ever had time to work!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
What's good for dinner in a hot summer evening??

We already went out last night.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
It will be at the mercy of my wife. She also out of idea.

It will be even hotter tomorrow and with high humidity too. High humidity ? ? In northern Cal?