Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I do wish we were having half that problem here. I've family In So.Cal. that likes to come here in the summer for a heat dry break. I may need to visit them this year…

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well looks like the riding mower is winning another round, this time against Jeff. :(

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
I do wish we were having half that problem here. I've family In So.Cal. that likes to come here in the summer for a heat dry break. I may need to visit them this year…
I don't know that everybody is getting this because there are still wild fires going on and there is no way a fire could exist with this much rain.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
You moderators do am amazing job!
The fact that this forum has rules and makes sure everyone abides by them is what makes this such a safe place to be!!!!!:p
I tried other forums before coming here, and all of them were either dominated by rude people or were condescending and abusive. All it takes is 1 or 2 abusive people to totally ruin a forum.
YOU ROCK!!!!
Thanks so much for all you do!!!:)

Right on, just right on!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm on the other side of the mountain in the High Desert. There is a fire halfway between that's only 40% contained as of a little while ago.
When I ran around down there I would spend time in Ojai (sp). I knew some Mexican kids that had herds of goats that they'd tend to and just move camp every 5 days or so. Transistor radios and books. I met them after going out a few times.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
When I ran around down there I would spend time in Ojai (sp). I knew some Mexican kids that had herds of goats that they'd tend to and just move camp every 5 days or so. Transistor radios and books. I met them after going out a few times.
I know of some people from Argentina that come to my area to tend sheep. They live in small travel trailers and they have dogs that help keep the sheep off the roads. They move all around and are only here for a few months at a time before going back to Argentina to be with their families and another comes up to take their place. I have stopped to talk to them on occasion and to watch them work their dogs.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
OMG another sleepless night only this time I only got 1 ½ hr sleep before waking up at 11:30 PM. The humidity is so high from all the rain that we had to turn on the AC to cool the place down where I usually have a fan blowing filtered outside air over my bed all night. The AC dries out my sinuses and I can’t breathe plus I’m missing the sound of the fan.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a sleep chamber for years to help my insomnia. I could have built in speakers for sound, Heat or Cooling and even a humidifier. I could control the darkness and even light it up with a timer when I need to get up. It would also be possible to hang it on a swing to include a rocking action.

It would be simple for me to build but my wife says I would be like a vampire climbing in and out of coffin each night. o_O As soon as she said that, I started to get creeped out and wondered if I would develop Claustrophobia after a while especially if the power were to go out.:eek:

Oh well, I guess I have to continue dealing with these sleepless nights :(

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
OMG another sleepless night only this time I only got 1 ½ hr sleep before waking up at 11:30 PM. The humidity is so high from all the rain that we had to turn on the AC to cool the place down where I usually have a fan blowing filtered outside air over my bed all night. The AC dries out my sinuses and I can’t breathe plus I’m missing the sound of the fan.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a sleep chamber for years to help my insomnia. I could have built in speakers for sound, Heat or Cooling and even a humidifier. I could control the darkness and even light it up with a timer when I need to get up. It would also be possible to hang it on a swing to include a rocking action.

It would be simple for me to build but my wife says I would be like a vampire climbing in and out of coffin each night. o_O As soon as she said that, I started to get creeped out and wondered if I would develop Claustrophobia after a while especially if the power were to go out.:eek:

Oh well, I guess I have to continue dealing with these sleepless nights :(
How old are you, Johnny? Insomnia doesn't get better with age.........I live on four hours sleep per night.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I miss candy cigarettes

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning all. I so didn't get enough sleep last night either. I slept well enough, I just stayed up too late hoping for a phone call from a dear friend that never came. I feel like crawling back in and baggin it ... I won't, that's not my make up, and I'm not complaining that I have work, I'm just tired and it's my own damn fault!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Good morning all. I so didn't get enough sleep last night either. I slept well enough, I just stayed up too late hoping for a phone call from a dear friend that never came. I feel like crawling back in and baggin it ... I won't, that's not my make up, and I'm not complaining that I have work, I'm just tired and it's my own damn fault!
I haven't been to bed yet and I'm still at work yet ! And no rice beer either yetttt