Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Not really. I'm so sick that I may die sooner than you think. Anyhow, let's just see and wait on that. Besides, my mil also bought one a year before I did and if she kicks the bucket and you're still here, it's yours.

You are required to live lots more years. You too, Yvonne.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Happy Friday chatters!!

I spent a wonderful day at Disneyland yesterday with the family and my sister in law!
It rained the entire drive up but stopped when we parked! It turned out to be a gorgeous long day!
Now that the kids are older, one day just isn't long enough!

I love Pirate's and Indiana Jones!
What's your favorite ride?

I would like most I guess it would be the car ride to it. :p

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Happy Friday chatters!!

I spent a wonderful day at Disneyland yesterday with the family and my sister in law!
It rained the entire drive up but stopped when we parked! It turned out to be a gorgeous long day!
Now that the kids are older, one day just isn't long enough!

I love Pirate's and Indiana Jones!
What's your favorite ride?

Glad you had a great time. How is the sick child?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Wait, you worked for your dad, and they cut your hours to 16 a week and never gave them back. Is that the job you cried over? Or is it the gym job that promised you to move up fast, but just run you ragged?
I worked at the same company as my dad, basically he was the guy who gave me work so he was my boss, but the dept head cut my hours. Yes the office is the job I cried over, just because I've been going there since 2011 and change is terrifying and very real now. The gym job is still looking good for me, in a few weeks it's spring break (a lot of coworkers are still in college) so A LOT of shifts need coverage, so I literally picked up all the ones I could, I counted the hours that week and the total I've spoken for is 54... 54!! That check will be nice, but in reality I'm just doing it because they need me, and I know it will look very good in my quest to move up (not that everything I'm doing hasn't already been noticed)

Last edited by a moderator:

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
@smarch So I was sorta reading this and it dawned on me that you might be interested in it …How the body recovers from an ultramarathon
Date: February 18, 2016
Source: Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160218062221.htm
I actually know A guy who ran a 100miler and ended up getting rhabdo from it because of the effort and strain put on his body... His recovery differed a bit from that article covers because of that haha... Runners are so crazy he's actually proud of that hahah

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Of course! But chances are pretty good I won't be around anymore once you've hit the big one.

Maybe I can buy it from you now. I wonder what shipping would be on an item like that. And how would one package it. Hm-m-m-m
Don't know, it's heavy and it has a box of accessories with it. I'll try and weigh the thing. Then, we can call to see what an item like that will cost to ship. Oh, I got it! We can call 'ShipAReptile' and it may be cheaper to send LOL

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well... Taco Bell is STILL on my mind! So I think after spending all sorts of effort on leg day today at the gym in going to get a whole lot of Taco Bell lol yummy!!!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I think Vern has cabin fever. That or he's a pervert. Every time I go talk to him he flashes me and starts rubbing his junk on things. Anyone need a plain looking northern redfoot as a stud, haha.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I think Vern has cabin fever. That or he's a pervert. Every time I go talk to him he flashes me and starts rubbing his junk on things. Anyone need a plain looking northern redfoot as a stud, haha.
He just likes you :p

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
He just likes you :p

I'll have to find a way to let him down easy. I think the 2 lady tortoises that are going to come live with us soon might be a good way to break it to him that I'm not interested. We'll just have to make it through quarantine first!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
He's better but still a bit weak. He was a trooper though! Both kids had a private Taekwondo lesson at 9am because they both tournaments coming up and one is the Nationals in Vegas so they need to train.

So many kids came home with this same type B flu from camp! My friends husband got it too from his son. I pray we don't get it!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I better grab my dumbrella its really stupid out there today

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I had a client move their shoot from 3:30 to 1:00. I busted a** to get here by 1:00 and they have ghosted on me. No messages, not answering the phone, nothing. It's pouring And I forgot my jacket so they get 10 minutes and then I am going to get some hot soup

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I just set up a girlfriend me account for my kidney transplant. My insurance will cover most of the operation medicine but even that will be a very expensive operation.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I better grab my dumbrella its really stupid out there today
Don't I know it. Today at the gym a guy who's already a member came in to sign up his girlfriend, and brought absolutely nothing to pay to sign up... And got frustrated at me when I said you had to pay now to sign up ... People are very dumb sometimes...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Roller derby used to be terribly popular back when I was younger. Then for years and years I never heard much about it. It seems to be gaining in popularity once again.
Yes indeed it is Yvonne .

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I just set up a girlfriend me account for my kidney transplant. My insurance will cover most of the operation medicine but even that will be a very expensive operation.
Nice girlfriend to do this for you. Is she a match?