Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I'm about to drop a tortoise on Chris head. He won't wake up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, nothing interesting. Now that the leaves are off the garage roof, I'm working on chopping down the acre of jungle that all this rain has wrought.

Every spring I break out the back pack sprayer and spray my property with a pre-emergent weed killer. Then in another month or so I spray the whole thing again with Round-up. This year I was moaning and groaning in pain from a kidney stone then recovery from said stone, so I didn't do any spraying. Here's just a sample of the weeds that have taken over my property:

This is what I call, in my pretentious voice, "The Courtyard". It is right outside my side door, and paved in blacktop:

weeds a.jpg

This is my normally weed free driveway:
weeds b.jpg

This is the driveway to my barn:
weeds c.jpg

The area just outside the box turtles, behind the barn (notice the pretty thistle):
weeds d.jpg

This is the horseless paddock:
weeds e.jpg

and my back yard. I hope my new toy riding mower can tackle this:
weeds f.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Cold water works better. ;)

I think someone had too much cucumber. It's a good thing I didn't dump Vern on the BF. I'd be buying a new mattress and looking for a new boyfriend.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man my dog has some bad gas today . Bulldogs can stink you out of a room .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You're tired ? That's only ten hours a day . That gives you 14 hours a day off . That's what my boss would say . I know how you fill . I have to work on calls some times .

smarch

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
You're tired ? That's only ten hours a day . That gives you 14 hours a day off . That's what my boss would say . I know how you fill . I have to work on calls some times .
Ugh even laying it out like that is exhausting. I worked three six hour days, two doubles with an 8 hour an hour break then another 6, and one straight 15 with JUST me and the manager all day. My manager who told us when he started that he'd never buy us coffee because he doesn't drink it, got me a coffee today, and our trainer got me one yesterday. Whenever I've been home, I've been asleep.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
How's it going David ? I haven't see your jokes lately .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
what the hell is wrong with people? I just heard a story on the radio about a grandpa who made hamburgers for his family and no one showed up. A very sad storY no doubt. Apparently the picture has gone viral of him sitting alone and been retweeted over 70,000 X. Now apparently a bunch of insane people are sending death threat to the people didn't show up to dinner. So I repeat what the hell is wrong with people today?