Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

So I took the bathroom scale out to the leopard shed this a.m. and weighed the tortoise in the quoted post. It was a little disappointing. The last time I weighed her she was 27lbs, and that was a year ago. This time she's still at 27lbs. But it sure felt a lot heavier than that last night.

View attachment 167898

It's cuz you're weaker....and further more you just need to turn a big Sulcata out on those weeds. Lordy, pick'em and send 'em here. Or pull them up and toss them, but I think it might be good for you to pull those easy weeds....poor Dudley, turn him out on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

OK, I suppose I'm a duma** for asking this question, but did anybody see what happened to Kyle Busch today? He was set to make history with 4 consecutive wins in the Xfinity series, he's led all but the first 7 laps of 185. He's 4 freakin seconds ahead of second place and the race is in the bag, here comes history, he got the white flag, and half way around the track to the checker his left front tire blew. I was screaming and accidently hit my drive in movie screen and almost knocked it over (that might have been as tragic as Kyle's loss). There has been some seriously good racing this season. And if I was any happier I could be twins. 'cept how bad I feel for the 18 car. Bet he wins tomorrow tho.
I love NASCAR:<3::p

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Too early for sun here, just a snoring boyfriend and the loud hum of a dying fridge in the predawn blackness.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's cuz you're weaker....and further more you just need to turn a big Sulcata out on those weeds. Lordy, pick'em and send 'em here. Or pull them up and toss them, but I think it might be good for you to pull those easy weeds....poor Dudley, turn him out on them.

Nope. I'm chopping it all down with the Weedeater, then I'll spray it with Round-up. I can't stand for my property to have all that weedy growth around. It makes me nervous that it's getting away from me. All I can think of is how long it's going to take me to get it all cleaned up. Heck, I may still be working on getting it cleaned up by next year when it all starts growing again. But I do love this Weedeater. It takes a heavier line and this line doesn't break as easy. I can go for hours on the same line and hardly ever have to tap it out longer. Now if only it would start easier. I have to leave it sitting in the sun for at least an hour before I can get it to start.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK, I suppose I'm a duma** for asking this question, but did anybody see what happened to Kyle Busch today? He was set to make history with 4 consecutive wins in the Xfinity series, he's led all but the first 7 laps of 185. He's 4 freakin seconds ahead of second place and the race is in the bag, here comes history, he got the white flag, and half way around the track to the checker his left front tire blew. I was screaming and accidently hit my drive in movie screen and almost knocked it over (that might have been as tragic as Kyle's loss). There has been some seriously good racing this season. And if I was any happier I could be twins. 'cept how bad I feel for the 18 car. Bet he wins tomorrow tho.
I love NASCAR:<3::p

Never could understand the attraction to auto racing. Well, that and coffee...and I guess beer. And, now that I think about it, football...or any sport for that matter! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sunday! Wash day. Time for me to go gather up the dirty laundry and get busy. (I've already placed my Weedeater out in the sun).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nope. I'm chopping it all down with the Weedeater, then I'll spray it with Round-up. I can't stand for my property to have all that weedy growth around. It makes me nervous that it's getting away from me. All I can think of is how long it's going to take me to get it all cleaned up. Heck, I may still be working on getting it cleaned up by next year when it all starts growing again. But I do love this Weedeater. It takes a heavier line and this line doesn't break as easy. I can go for hours on the same line and hardly ever have to tap it out longer. Now if only it would start easier. I have to leave it sitting in the sun for at least an hour before I can get it to start.

That is why I like my battery one

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning!!
Today we slept in until 9:15!! That never happens around here. At 6:30 or so I'm usually watching the news with my coffee.
Now my husband is dying my daughters hair with cool aid. It's the craze now. Just the tips. She chose blue so I can't wait to see it.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's cold here in Houston 68° ! Just got back from riding my motorcycle . I had to put on a jacket .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am a big fan of The Walking Dead and I really like the show. but as I watch the series always wonder One Thing who in the hell is cutting the grass during the zombie apocalypse?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am a big fan of The Walking Dead and I really like the show. but as I watch the series always wonder One Thing who in the hell is cutting the grass during the zombie apocalypse?
Escaped tortoises?

M

Maggie Cummings

It's cold here in Houston 68° ! Just got back from riding my motorcycle . I had to put on a jacket .
oh, hadda put on a jacket sissie.......You'd put on rain gear, thermals, and a heavy *** jacket here. It is raining so hard here I had to turn up the volume on the TV. God, I'm sick of gray days with pouring rain. You'd need a wiper on your helmet here

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Maggie you need to go back to California . That weather sucks .