Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
People from foreign lands who are hired to post junk advertising on forums. They are usually robot programs and not real people. Most of them post hugely long threads with many links in the body of the post for you to click on to see their product.

The spam rejection program that Josh has for our Forum evidently isn't the best, because every morning there are about 30 or 40 of these threads to knock off and delete.

gamera154

grand terrace ca
People from foreign lands who are hired to post junk advertising on forums. They are usually robot programs and not real people. Most of them post hugely long threads with many links in the body of the post for you to click on to see their product.

The spam rejection program that Josh has for our Forum evidently isn't the best, because every morning there are about 30 or 40 of these threads to knock off and delete.
And its a race to see who can get the most

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You mean between Cameron and I? He always wins, hands down, because he's in Texas and is two hours ahead of me. He's here deleting the spammers while I'm still blissfully unaware, sleeping soundly in my bed!;)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So excited! This morning I'm having breakfast with one of my best friends.
I never do things with my friends. I see them a lot at sports or school activities but one on one time is nice.

Now to decide what to eat! Eggs Benedict or eggs & toast? Or pancakes!
I love food so I have a hard time deciding.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I never do things with my friends. I see them a lot at sports or school activities but one on one time is nice.

Ham and eggs (over easy) with hash browns!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne do you remember when you first joined

I was a member of several Yahoo Group listservs before I ever heard of the Forum. Then one of our members from Sacramento visited me here to adopt a tortoise and mentioned the Forum and suggested that I join. It's a whole different world from Yahoogroups. I had a real hard time familiarizing myself with the format.

When I joined a new Yahoogroup I was treated like an interloper who knew nothing, and most of my posts were ignored or poo pooed. When I joined here I was welcomed and made to feel like my input was important.

After about a month, I removed myself from those other listservs and became a permanent fixture here.

So, to answer your question, yes, I remember.

Do you have any birthday plans?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had to do a seek and find in the leopard yard tonight and when I found my big female babcock I was really surprised by her weight. Tomorrow I'm going to have to take some pictures and weigh her. She's pretty heavy. The bad part about having a big shrub for them to hide under (which leopards really, really like to do) is that one has to crawl on their hands and knees to get the darned animal out from under! And they can grab onto the dirt with those front claws making it pretty difficult to pull them out.

So I took the bathroom scale out to the leopard shed this a.m. and weighed the tortoise in the quoted post. It was a little disappointing. The last time I weighed her she was 27lbs, and that was a year ago. This time she's still at 27lbs. But it sure felt a lot heavier than that last night.

leopard (mary) 3-18-16.jpg

gamera154

grand terrace ca
I was a member of several Yahoo Group listservs before I ever heard of the Forum. Then one of our members from Sacramento visited me here to adopt a tortoise and mentioned the Forum and suggested that I join. It's a whole different world from Yahoogroups. I had a real hard time familiarizing myself with the format.

When I joined a new Yahoogroup I was treated like an interloper who knew nothing, and most of my posts were ignored or poo pooed. When I joined here I was welcomed and made to feel like my input was important.

After about a month, I removed myself from those other listservs and became a permanent fixture here.

So, to answer your question, yes, I remember.

Do you have any birthday plans?
Not really we will eat pizza and I will probably blow my mony on either Godzilla toys or most likely tortoise supplies but I want stud for me because I always blow my money on gamera ir other pets

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon

Eggs Bene, hands down. Usually with smoked salmon if I can find it!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am going to rant for a moment to no one in particular. Living with an adult with autism is hard. Living in a 400sq ft apartment is REALLY REALLY hard. Especially when meltdowns happen. I love my boyfriend to bits, but I think I might need to borrow a xanax. Here's to hoping we can get out of this shoebox and not have to be right on top of each other all the time.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So Kathy what did you decide on?

I had blueberry pancakes and 2 eggs over easy and about 3 cups of coffee. We just ended our conversation and headed to school pick up.

Now headed back to the dentist so my daughter can get her last filling filled.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am going to rant for a moment to no one in particular. Living with an adult with autism is hard. Living in a 400sq ft apartment is REALLY REALLY hard. Especially when meltdowns happen. I love my boyfriend to bits, but I think I might need to borrow a xanax. Here's to hoping we can get out of this shoebox and not have to be right on top of each other all the time.

Wait...when you "borrow" a Xanax, does that mean you actually give it back when you're finished with it?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Let's hope you both make it:)
Things will turn around, it must be so hard when you're so close to moving to the new house.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm finished with the Acura . Wooooohoooooo! Back to the s10 paint tomorrow . Hopefully that will be finished soon.