10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
The leprechaun failed in our house:(
My daughter was so disappointed!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Happy anniversary Jacqui ! My wife and I got hitched on the 30th of this month 20 years ago .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good one ! With all my projects that's what my bank looks like . Just got a 99 Acura for 150.00 bucks . Just needs a back window . Giving it to my son's girlfriend . Everything works drives good . My buddy is moving and didn't want to take it to the new house . So my son and I are giving it a tune-up . Then away she goes.

You have been a busy bee!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm sitting at the chiro office waiting for my turn. Actually my husband is going 1st and I'm having my consult and look over my X-rays and then a treatment.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
If they are trivial, no sweat. Take them one at a time and stop looking at the whole list. The whole list looking just will set you back mentally and physically.

We aren't allowed to make any improvements to the house until we own it, and the bank that owns it refuses to, so as part of our rehab loan we are going to have to pay a contractor to do a bunch of things that we could do for nothing and it's really got me ticked off. My inspector didn't raise concern about the items that the appraiser nit-picked on and it's really irked me.

Things like putting a couple of wire caps on a broken ceiling fan (that we just wanted to replace ourselves) and "mold abatement" around the kitchen sink. Let me tell you a thing about Oregon. It's WET here. This house has been closed up and uninhabited for over a year. No wonder there is SURFACE mildew. That and cracks in the linoleum in the utility room.

My contractor is a good understanding guy who is really fair, but I might just head down there with a screwdriver, a rag and some bleach and take care of some of these issues before he can go make an estimate on them.

Another thing that grinds my gears is that the appraiser called the home 'uninhabitable' in it's current state and cited pet damage. What is the pet damage? The carpets are uggggggly. They are dirty and stained but completely in tact and not threadbare. We planned on seeing if they would shampoo, but probably tearing them out ourselves because there is probably hardwood under them. (The rest of the house has GORGEOUS oak floors)

*Hops off soap box*
/rant.

Long story short, you are all invited to the house warming party. Bring Ramen and a bag of tortoise weeds. We may be broke AF for a while.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You have been a busy bee!!
Very busy ! Tortoises cars and kids o-my ! This is what I did after work last night . Cleaned and soaked 7 red foots ,Two sulcatas, two box turtles ,cleaned my turtles pond . Then I fixed my ice maker . Then I installed a dish washer for my mom . Then I helped my son work on the Acura . That's alot of crap to do right ?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Very busy ! Tortoises cars and kids o-my ! This is what I did after work last night . Cleaned and soaked 7 red foots ,Two sulcatas, two box turtles ,cleaned my turtles pond . Then I fixed my ice maker . Then I installed a dish washer for my mom . Then I helped my son work on the Acura . That's alot of crap to do right ?

Wow, that is a lot of crap for one day! So much for enjoying your extra days off!
Work might be easier, just saying:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yipes! Bad mama! Bad, bad mama!

Do you think she'll accept a belated?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So I have a lot going on with my back but what stuck in my mind the most is, as a 46 yr old, I have the neck of a 70yr old!
You know how our neck should be curved? All my vertebrae are in a perfect line! Not good:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had to do a seek and find in the leopard yard tonight and when I found my big female babcock I was really surprised by her weight. Tomorrow I'm going to have to take some pictures and weigh her. She's pretty heavy. The bad part about having a big shrub for them to hide under (which leopards really, really like to do) is that one has to crawl on their hands and knees to get the darned animal out from under! And they can grab onto the dirt with those front claws making it pretty difficult to pull them out.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Happy anniversary Jacqui ! My wife and I got hitched on the 30th of this month 20 years ago .
Congrats to you and Jacqui!!! We'll be celebrating our 17th year this May. How yhe years fly when you're having fun