Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've just about had it with yard inspections. I'm about ready to give up this whole rescue thing.

I made an appointment for 10a this a.m. It's clear on the other side of Fresno from me. If I were leaving from my house it would take me about 45 minutes to drive there. But Friday is my errand day, so I didn't leave from my house. I ran a few errands in Clovis, then at 9a I headed over there.

I arrived at 9:30a. There were three or four large, full grown pit bulls fenced in the front yard - between me and the front door. I stood there outside the gate for about 5 minutes hoping the dogs would bark and alert the owners, but all they did was raise their hackles and growl.

Granted, I was early, but wouldn't you think you'd be keeping an eye out for visitors or else put the dogs up? I can't afford to go over there again, it costs too much to drive my truck over there. So I told her no dice on the phone. She said she was watching for me. Yeah, right.

I've scheduled two inspections for tomorrow, 10a and 11a. Hopefully I'll be successful this time.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Well day one on the test run of Shelly's and Moe's enclosures :D
Thank goodness it's getting warm in AZ.
Thermometers tells exactly how good or bad your work is :D
Fortunately mine wasn't too bad. The temps were at 79 and I'm aiming for 80's. Some caulking and window seals I think did the trick. Especially around Shelly's door and lid. Tonight is round 2

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489182466.895940.jpg
Shelly goes in as soon as she goes outside in the morning.
If things go ok tonight, she may stay in it tomorrow
Btw, the curtains came in today:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I've just about had it with yard inspections. I'm about ready to give up this whole rescue thing.

I made an appointment for 10a this a.m. It's clear on the other side of Fresno from me. If I were leaving from my house it would take me about 45 minutes to drive there. But Friday is my errand day, so I didn't leave from my house. I ran a few errands in Clovis, then at 9a I headed over there.

I arrived at 9:30a. There were three or four large, full grown pit bulls fenced in the front yard - between me and the front door. I stood there outside the gate for about 5 minutes hoping the dogs would bark and alert the owners, but all they did was raise their hackles and growl.

Granted, I was early, but wouldn't you think you'd be keeping an eye out for visitors or else put the dogs up? I can't afford to go over there again, it costs too much to drive my truck over there. So I told her no dice on the phone. She said she was watching for me. Yeah, right.

I've scheduled two inspections for tomorrow, 10a and 11a. Hopefully I'll be successful this time.

Better luck tomorrow.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
idk if i've mentioned this before, but apparently the Internet thinks that I'm about to turn 65. Kinda explains all of the junk mail for Medicare and funeral homes. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
idk if i've mentioned this before, but apparently the Internet thinks that I'm about to turn 65. Kinda explains all of the junk mail for Medicare and funeral homes. :rolleyes:

I started getting that stuff when I turned 50, so you're coming late to the game.

M

Maggie Cummings

Guess I'll say good friday to ya all. I'm Yvonne's sister, some of you know me. So Good morning....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Guess I'll say good friday to ya all. I'm Yvonne's sister, some of you know me. So Good morning....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Maggie, but today is Saturday!

. . . and a very good morning to you!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Guess who's transmission crapped out the first time driving after replacing the slashed tires?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
We get tons of hearing aid ads, written if very large print. They figure if you're going deaf you probably can't see well either.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

lol! Hi Maggie! Your girls say, "Hi!". Queenie is pouring because I won't take her out. She was spoiled by a couple of warm days.