Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

I just had lunch with my daughter and her husband. Best thing about having babies, is they grow up into neat adults you can spend enjoyable time with.

You sure never met my family......It makes me feel good to hear to talk about how nice your kids are....

My great-granddaughter was born day before Christmas.... Kira
I actually didn't believe I was old enough for that. Just guess I'm gonna have to take another look at this situation......o_O

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I've just about had it with yard inspections. I'm about ready to give up this whole rescue thing.

I made an appointment for 10a this a.m. It's clear on the other side of Fresno from me. If I were leaving from my house it would take me about 45 minutes to drive there. But Friday is my errand day, so I didn't leave from my house. I ran a few errands in Clovis, then at 9a I headed over there.

I arrived at 9:30a. There were three or four large, full grown pit bulls fenced in the front yard - between me and the front door. I stood there outside the gate for about 5 minutes hoping the dogs would bark and alert the owners, but all they did was raise their hackles and growl.

Granted, I was early, but wouldn't you think you'd be keeping an eye out for visitors or else put the dogs up? I can't afford to go over there again, it costs too much to drive my truck over there. So I told her no dice on the phone. She said she was watching for me. Yeah, right.

I've scheduled two inspections for tomorrow, 10a and 11a. Hopefully I'll be successful this time.

How frustrating! I know you don't like driving that far!!
Glad you told them no!
Good luck with the next two!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Sorry, things seem to be still in a bad swing for you.

I have a friend here who just finished restoring an old Bug. It looks real nice and has an electric heater and a good motor. He might take a down payment and payments, let me know if you're interested. Actually I'm interested. I figure something like that might keep me from being killed in a high speed crash. Or drive me crazy going so slow. :p Altho I think he said it has a 1200 engine

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have a friend here who just finished restoring an old Bug. It looks real nice and has an electric heater and a good motor. He might take a down payment and payments, let me know if you're interested. Actually I'm interested. I figure something like that might keep me from being killed in a high speed crash. Or drive me crazy going so slow. :p Altho I think he said it has a 1200 engine

Oh wow, an old bug! Something I always wanted. lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You sure never met my family......It makes me feel good to hear to talk about how nice your kids are....

My great-granddaughter was born day before Christmas.... Kira
I actually didn't believe I was old enough for that. Just guess I'm gonna have to take another look at this situation......o_O

Jeff has eight great grandkids. The oldest two could actually start having kids, not that we want children to be having babies.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Babies coming out to Sun themselves. Reds outside of their winter house eating clovers .

Attachments

• 1489289109284.jpg
    1489289109284.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1489289119602.jpg
    1489289119602.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 8

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Rat rod build . Got the rear end four linked and motor installed today . Tomorrow will run break and fuel lines . Then get the cab welded in place .

Attachments

• 1489289202785.jpg
    1489289202785.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1489289213462.jpg
    1489289213462.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1489289224415.jpg
    1489289224415.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1489289232590.jpg
    1489289232590.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
M

Maggie Cummings

Rat rod build . Got the rear end four linked and motor installed today . Tomorrow will run break and fuel lines . Then get the cab welded in place .

I'm having a rat rod too. Started taking off the ground effects, some guy's gonna cut off my catalytic converter next week. Found 3 mismatched 15 inch wheels I hope will fit. Taking out the back seat next week too....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Why you doing all that ? I found a lady on line crazier than you about your car . She's has a 57 Cheney Bellaire two door hard top no b- post car since 57 . It's her daily diver . Crazy how many people can say that .

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I just had lunch with my daughter and her husband. Best thing about having babies, is they grow up into neat adults you can spend enjoyable time with.
I'm still waiting for that day. They are all adults, but most of the time we only hear from them when they have some problem they want us to solve.

M

Maggie Cummings

Look this was me!!!! Not bad uh!
17190773_1078967525579950_74442443588184682_n.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Why you doing all that ? I found a lady on line crazier than you about your car . She's has a 57 Cheney Bellaire two door hard top no b- post car since 57 . It's her daily diver . Crazy how many people can say that .

Well, there's her and me......there's no point in having a halfassed junky car. I may as well go all the way. I'm not going to drive a car missing paint and no matching wheels, bad brakes, (think a pad is broken) I have loved this car for 28 years. My family hates it. (Y don't care). I guess it's time I look for assisted living place and get rid of car and animals.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning all :)
Shelly's enclosure passed the heat test! Yay! Now time for the curtains to be installed:)
I think I will work on the other enclosures though.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Oh no! The bad luck never ends.
Sorry, things seem to be still in a bad swing for you.

My theory is that I had to have been someone terrible in a past life. Like serial killer/evil dictator status. Now I have a massive karmic deficit. I tried to see if anyone died the year I was born who fit the bill and didn't come up with much. The only quirky one was L. Ron Hubbard. :p

Right now we are in limbo. No way to fix all the tires, no way to fix the transmission in a timely manner and still no word on when we can start the REAL process of buying the house that we are in love with and on the very cusp of being able to afford. Sitting in limbo is really distressing while we are on high alert about the vandalism and on a ramen diet to build up our funds.

Hurry up and WAIT is the worst!

We get tons of hearing aid ads, written if very large print. They figure if you're going deaf you probably can't see well either.

Facebook thinks my uterus should be for rent, it keeps asking me to sign up to be a surrogate. Apparently I'm in 'prime' incubator range. That along with tons of 'baby' things. Ummm...no thanks. It's admirable, but the idea of any pregnancy freaks me out. No kiddos for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The 7 day forecast calls for night time temps to be 50 or above every night, so it's time to unblock the doors to the hibernaculums. Tomorrow I'll be getting up the three CDTs that are in freezers in the old house. This adds more to the tortoises looking for homes. I placed the sulcata and I have two CDTs besides the hibernating ones left to go. Oh, plus two male Russians. I got an awful lot of responses to my ad on Facebook (there's a for sale spot for my area code and that's where I put the ad), but even though I said in the ad to call me, everyone said, "I messaged you." Well, dang it, I have all that crap turned off. I don't want messages. I wanted them to call me. So I returned the few calls I got and placed the sulcata and two CDTs that way. I think tomorrow I'll put up an ad on craigslist. But yard inspections are getting me down.