Pretend Chat 2.14

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have a few guns, here are 2 of my favorites first a 1911 frame cambered for Colt 38 super cartridge, This gun sold new in 1958 for $77.25, I paid 4 Redskin Football tickets (i don't remember the exact year but Gibbs was coaching his first time in Washington) one of the best finds I ever hadColt 38 super.jpg And this is my carry. It don't look like much but it holds 5 22 LR Stingers.Picture.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Lots of states here will honor other states carry licenses.
For example, I carry all the way from Florida, through Georgia and into South Carolina. Perfectly legal.
Though, it seems that once I'm out of south Florida the chance that I'll need to shoot anyone is a lot less.

lol!!

M

Maggie Cummings

A photo of my twins.
My wife is also permitted.
My carry gun is a Bersa 380.
Hopefully I'll never need it.

Are they AR 15? My neighbor and I went up into the forest and killed a bunch of coke cans with his. Kinda hard for an old weak person

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Last night when I went down to see if there was any mail in the box I saw a couple of young ladies up at my cactus taking pictures. After chatting with them a while I learned that my cactus garden has been put up on Instagram. I'm not so sure how I feel about that, as one of the girls said, "And I really like your tortoise." I asked her if she'd been looking over the fence and she said she could see him walking through the cracks in the fence. I told her to please not mention the tortoise if she should post about the cactus on Instagram. Does anyone know how I can find this on Instagram? I don't know how to use it.
that would make me very nervous. I've never used instagram or any social media so I can't help there.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I know it's late, but I his wanted to say hi to everyone. My major achievement is that Baby Runt is doing so well, she's actually healthier than my other tortoises! Since the beginning of this year, she has been moving her bowels regularly like never before. I figured out what I had to do for her that the big vets couldn't figure out. And, she's thriving! I'll post a pic of her soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I know it's late, but I his wanted to say hi to everyone. My major achievement is that Baby Runt is doing so well, she's actually healthier than my other tortoises! Since the beginning of this year, she has been moving her bowels regularly like never before. I figured out what I had to do for her that the big vets couldn't figure out. And, she's thriving! I'll post a pic of her soon.

SIBI!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I forgot to mention that on Tuesday night I had that moment of "are those mushrooms or eggs?" with another one of my anniversary redfoots dropping eggs. That makes 3 out of 4.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I forgot to mention that on Tuesday night I had that moment of "are those mushrooms or eggs?" with another one of my anniversary redfoots dropping eggs. That makes 3 out of 4.
After a flurry of activity I have no more eggs hatching and no more eggs found beside the now 39 that I am currently incubating and the 20 something that I'm leaving buried out in the pen as an "eggsperiment".
I welcome the break from redfoot babies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui! It's been a while. I have been too devoted to helping my lil girl, Baby Runt. As you may recall, she broke through the cement wall and I lost her for a few hours. When I finally found her, she had spent the night outside under a shed and temps got to be in the 50's that night. Well, she had never experienced that coldness and was traumatized. When I got her home, I gave her a warm soak and put her in her new home with heat and humidity. She did not do well for weeks thereafter. She would barely eat, and she wasn't defecating. I thought she was going to die. Then, I made a decision that most here would frown upon. Salcatas shouldn't be fed fruits often since their bodies can't metabolize the sugars like humans can. At least that's what I learned here on the forum. However, I know that watermelon is mostly water and tortoises love it. Well, my intent to lubricate her intestines led me to feed her watermelon for a while. It worked! She began to defecate again. Then, I stopped feeding her watermelon to see if she would remain regular. She didn't! So, I started feeding her watermelon every morning. She's been regular and apparently hasn't suffered ill affects from it for 6 months now. I reasoned, it's better to deal with any side affects from feeding her watermelon everyday than to have her die a slow, painful death of compaction. She's been happy and is thriving. I cut fresh grass and weeds everyday and feed her by hand. Btw, she never tried to break free again. Happy ending

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jacqui! It's been a while. I have been too devoted to helping my lil girl, Baby Runt. As you may recall, she broke through the cement wall and I lost her for a few hours. When I finally found her, she had spent the night outside under a shed and temps got to be in the 50's that night. Well, she had never experienced that coldness and was traumatized. When I got her home, I gave her a warm soak and put her in her new home with heat and humidity. She did not do well for weeks thereafter. She would barely eat, and she wasn't defecating. I thought she was going to die. Then, I made a decision that most here would frown upon. Salcatas shouldn't be fed fruits often since their bodies can't metabolize the sugars like humans can. At least that's what I learned here on the forum. However, I know that watermelon is mostly water and tortoises love it. Well, my intent to lubricate her intestines led me to feed her watermelon for a while. It worked! She began to defecate again. Then, I stopped feeding her watermelon to see if she would remain regular. She didn't! So, I started feeding her watermelon every morning. She's been regular and apparently hasn't suffered ill affects from it for 6 months now. I reasoned, it's better to deal with any side affects from feeding her watermelon everyday than to have her die a slow, painful death of compaction. She's been happy and is thriving. I cut fresh grass and weeds everyday and feed her by hand. Btw, she never tried to break free again. Happy ending

I got one am a strong believer in taking the "rules", using what works for you, your particular animal and environment. The rules which don't work should evolve and change til they become a fit for you.. or simply be tossed out.

Glad everything is so positive. How are you?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
After a flurry of activity I have no more eggs hatching and no more eggs found beside the now 39 that I am currently incubating and the 20 something that I'm leaving buried out in the pen as an "eggsperiment".
I welcome the break from redfoot babies.

These are the first laying redfoots for me.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kathy ever since you talked about vultures, I think of you when I spot them. This is one of their favorite roosting locations.
20170607_204619.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Today for my Business to Business food choice, I picked this s'mores cake. Gave it to a Vet office.
20170608_080130.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'd like to hear more about the business to business thing.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I got one am a strong believer in taking the "rules", using what works for you, your particular animal and environment. The rules which don't work should evolve and change til they become a fit for you.. or simply be tossed out.

Glad everything is so positive. How are you?
I'm fine. I've had some health issues with my diabetes and exhaustion. I also need some quality time away but can't because of the animals. I recently reshaped the backyard where the boys are because the tortoise that I'm caring for, Mr George, is growing fast and needs more room to graze and move around in. I took parts of the two big boys space, and created a new space for Mr. George. I kept each tortoise in their favorite spots, and as it turned out, the new space for Mr. George was his favorite. Here's a pic what parts of the three spaces look like.WP_20170607_15_02_35_Pro.jpg WP_20170607_15_02_49_Pro.jpg

It's hard to see, but there are three outdoor pens in the photos. I could get all the space shown cause of the size of the yard. But, that seems to keep the torts happy for now. I need to double the walls around Beasty boy's side cause he's threatened to bust through the walls.