Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So, what good is the TFO Facebook page if no one ever approves requests? I sent one last time the site was down and I've still not gotten a reply. Who moderates the page?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, what good is the TFO Facebook page if no one ever approves requests? I sent one last time the site was down and I've still not gotten a reply. Who moderates the page?

I wondered that too. Day before yesterday I had to re-join because it didn't recognise me, and I was approved within the hour. Send another request.

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm a little uncomfortable with this line of conversation. If you have permits, I know it's perfectly legal, but it makes me uncomfortable, what with all the youngsters that read the posts.

Oh come on Y....we're talking about guns. There's a massive group of people who approve of guns. We showed pix, and mentioned some name . If it's parents don't want their kid to know, they should monitor the computer better. As a matter of fact I was thinking last night, there's The Cold Room, the thread for teenagers, thread for flowers, somebody just wants people who will converse in Arabic, threads for snakes, turtles birds ...ad infinitum . I am putting in a request for a must be over 21 to post here. Now I'm not talking about anything but the chat. I don't mean any of the stuff that's against our rules . We couldn't put up a pix of a nude broad on a Harley, nothing like that. But we could talk about guns or other adult stuff. We'd still have to be careful, cuz kids will read it, especially if you tell them not to. At least think about it? Anybody but me for an all adult chat????

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Bananas are turtle food only.
I gave up my breakfast apple to the redfoots, it was really grainy.
If you have an incubator I have redfoots eggs buried in my yard, no idea what to do with them.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I couldn't sift through all the spam posts this morning. My stuff says 99+ new threads and all were spam, lol

I guess there's No turtle talk for me this morning

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We also mentioned you need permits to carry open or concealed. All the 3%er's I know follow the law. It's our right to carry guns......
Lots of states here will honor other states carry licenses.
For example, I carry all the way from Florida, through Georgia and into South Carolina. Perfectly legal.
Though, it seems that once I'm out of south Florida the chance that I'll need to shoot anyone is a lot less.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! I almost forgot today is garbage day. I got so involved in deleting the IPs and usernames from so many, many spambots that garbage day went right out of my head. I don't know what time they come, so I have to get my garbage over to my daughter's house early so I don't miss them.

Seems the spambots are evolving. It was pretty hard to delete them today. They kept popping back up, sort of like they had a hidden virus attached that wouldn't allow them to be deleted. Barb gets on before me, and she usually sends them all to the "to be deleted" file, but today the threads wouldn't allow her to do that. I sure wish Josh would figure it out and get it set up to keep them off the Forum.

Today I'm going to try to get out there and mow. I wish there were an energy pill I could take that would give me back my get up and go. I do take vitamin b, but it really doesn't seem to help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last night when I went down to see if there was any mail in the box I saw a couple of young ladies up at my cactus taking pictures. After chatting with them a while I learned that my cactus garden has been put up on Instagram. I'm not so sure how I feel about that, as one of the girls said, "And I really like your tortoise." I asked her if she'd been looking over the fence and she said she could see him walking through the cracks in the fence. I told her to please not mention the tortoise if she should post about the cactus on Instagram. Does anyone know how I can find this on Instagram? I don't know how to use it.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks for getting rid of that spam

I just sent an email to Josh asking him to put all new members' posts on moderation. That means a new member can write a post, but it won't show up until a moderator approves it. I think this small inconvenience will be much better than the BIG inconvenience of having to delete each individual thread of spam.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just sent an email to Josh asking him to put all new members' posts on moderation. That means a new member can write a post, but it won't show up until a moderator approves it. I think this small inconvenience will be much better than the BIG inconvenience of having to delete each individual thread of spam.
Sounds like a great idea

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My little travel buddy 357. Hahaha

Attachments

• 1496864329133.jpg
    1496864329133.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 10