Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know. I'm happy with the 'scroll the mouse' thing you suggested.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sterling 6-4-17.jpg

Sterling (because he's sterling silver) - I wish I knew what he wanted. He's frantic with the meowing. I put dry food down he sniffs then looks at me and meows. I put wet food down, he sniffs then looks at me and meows. I put down a couple pellets of Kitty Crack (Tasty Treats) , He sniffs it then looks at me and meows. He purrs when I pet him, but he's still frantic turning this way and that and meowing. I'm hoping it's a lonesome thing, like maybe he and all his brothers and sisters were dumped and he got separated from them. Time will tell. He looks to be between 6 months and a year - small with his big boy teeth, but testicles so small I thought at first he was a girl.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I finally grew up into the electronic age and got a cell phone. I went with Great Call because it has the 5 star button feature where I just press the button and help automatically is at my fingertips. So now I have the privilege of paying $25 a month for being able to have a cell phone sitting on my dishwasher in the charger as I walk around doing my chores or drive into town and run errands. At least the $$ is going towards the 5 star feature (but a lot of good it's going to do me sitting on the charger). Yesterday I went to my friend Amazon and bought a case for the phone with a belt clip. So now my only problem is going to be to remember to clip the darned thing onto me.

Speaking of Amazon - they've bought a big piece of property in Fresno, CA and are building a fulfillment center here. Supposed to be 1000 new job opportunities.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
View attachment 209528

Sterling (because he's sterling silver) - I wish I knew what he wanted. He's frantic with the meowing. I put dry food down he sniffs then looks at me and meows. I put wet food down, he sniffs then looks at me and meows. I put down a couple pellets of Kitty Crack (Tasty Treats) , He sniffs it then looks at me and meows. He purrs when I pet him, but he's still frantic turning this way and that and meowing. I'm hoping it's a lonesome thing, like maybe he and all his brothers and sisters were dumped and he got separated from them. Time will tell. He looks to be between 6 months and a year - small with his big boy teeth, but testicles so small I thought at first he was a girl.

He's pretty

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Well, I finally grew up into the electronic age and got a cell phone. I went with Great Call because it has the 5 star button feature where I just press the button and help automatically is at my fingertips. So now I have the privilege of paying $25 a month for being able to have a cell phone sitting on my dishwasher in the charger as I walk around doing my chores or drive into town and run errands. At least the $$ is going towards the 5 star feature (but a lot of good it's going to do me sitting on the charger). Yesterday I went to my friend Amazon and bought a case for the phone with a belt clip. So now my only problem is going to be to remember to clip the darned thing onto me.

Speaking of Amazon - they've bought a big piece of property in Fresno, CA and are building a fulfillment center here. Supposed to be 1000 new job opportunities.
That's great about Amazon! They are closing the IRS in Fresno where my daughter works.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ahhh nice to be able to get on here.

I know, huh? And no explanation. Inquiring minds want to know! I sent him an email letting him know it was slow and causing double posts, then I sent another email letting him know about the error and it being offline. (yesterday) He usually responds, but nothing this time. So I don't know what was wrong, but am certainly glad to be back.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I know, huh? And no explanation. Inquiring minds want to know! I sent him an email letting him know it was slow and causing double posts, then I sent another email letting him know about the error and it being offline. (yesterday) He usually responds, but nothing this time. So I don't know what was wrong, but am certainly glad to be back.
I got "502 Bad Gateway" messages. It was down all day yesterday for me.

Greta16

Western Maine
Still raining here. Ugghhh! Feels like it's been raining for months. I haven't been on here for a while, had some family stuff going on. It's good to be back.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Still raining here. Ugghhh! Feels like it's been raining for months. I haven't been on here for a while, had some family stuff going on. It's good to be back.

And it's good to have you back. My son lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and here's what he said this a.m. about his weather:

We had thunderstorms off and on all week long and today is supposed to be the last set of them until maybe Friday and then the possibility is 30 percent. It rained so much on Saturday that the backyard flooded a little and we saw some pictures of another location where they had blocked the storm drains and the water was up to the middle of car doors at the curb. Being from California, I am still amazed how much rain we get here, I should also say that on Friday on the way home, off to the West over downtown Dallas was a very black wall of clouds, lightning flashing. Well Moise (his son in law) works downtown at the airport there and drove thru a monsoon down pour and also was pelted by golfball sized hail,he was worried it was going to crack the windshields and it did dent the hood a little. We did not see any of the rain until maybe 7 PM or so and it really came down, no hail luckily

Here where I live it has been very mild and nice weather to work outside in.

Greta16

Western Maine
I live on a river and have a bog in the backyard. We've had so much rain the last 3 weeks or so that both are much higher than they should be. The frogs love it! After tomorrow the sun is supposed to come out again!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Before work I bought a beautiful firm yellow banana. I came out three hours later to this...

20170605_170929.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
And it's good to have you back. My son lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and here's what he said this a.m. about his weather:

We had thunderstorms off and on all week long and today is supposed to be the last set of them until maybe Friday and then the possibility is 30 percent. It rained so much on Saturday that the backyard flooded a little and we saw some pictures of another location where they had blocked the storm drains and the water was up to the middle of car doors at the curb. Being from California, I am still amazed how much rain we get here, I should also say that on Friday on the way home, off to the West over downtown Dallas was a very black wall of clouds, lightning flashing. Well Moise (his son in law) works downtown at the airport there and drove thru a monsoon down pour and also was pelted by golfball sized hail,he was worried it was going to crack the windshields and it did dent the hood a little. We did not see any of the rain until maybe 7 PM or so and it really came down, no hail luckily

Here where I live it has been very mild and nice weather to work outside in.
It's been in the mid 90s here, and still over 70 at bedtime, and I'm only about 50 miles south of you.

Many years ago I drove from California to Dallas, and ran into a hailstorm and a sandstorm in the same day.