Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Thanks! Planters are so far working well. I cleaned the house, garage, driveway, my car, and all the critter cages/dog yard. I even scrubbed toilets and showers and did dishes! Vacuumed too.

Parents are on their way here... Normally it isn't 100% clean all at once haha. I may be MIA for a few days while they're visiting.

And as a cashier, I take care with everyone's stuff as if it were my own. And I never use my phone. I keep it on me on vibrate so if it keeps going off I figure something's wrong, but I'd never answer a call when a customer is waiting. He should be reprimanded for that!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Last I heard smells like citrus are better then the smell of baked cookies. Also having a mirror on the wall, so they can better see themselves in the home.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Last I heard smells like citrus are better then the smell of baked cookies. Also having a mirror on the wall, so they can better see themselves in the home.

I heard that too. It makes people think clean and energy and vibrant. I just don't have anything citrus to make the house smell like that. I burned vanilla candles, had the cookies baking and windows open. It smells like heaven in here to me but it is my house:). Well, they have come and gone and now we wait.

I met a black Great Dane boy today that was HUGE!! He was much taller and thicker than Dagny it was unreal. Dagny looked like a normal size dog compared to him!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Darn site! I want to go ocean kayaking, it looks amazing. We have kayakers die each year on our river, so the ocean seems safer to me. Funny, cause we raft every weekend. I know it's strength I guess..

5 episodes of Weeds, Craigslist Joe, and now a documentary called Happy. I only watch TV when I'm sick :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:
Darn site! I want to go ocean kayaking, it looks amazing. We have kayakers die each year on our river, so the ocean seems safer to me. Funny, cause we raft every weekend. I know it's strength I guess..

5 episodes of Weeds, Craigslist Joe, and now a documentary called Happy. I only watch TV when I'm sick :)
My kids Kayak at their camp and their favorite thing to do in it is roll it over. It freaks me out every time!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I put back on my dirty clothes from yesterday because I was planning to mow the back yard before I lose Misty and can't find her. Trouble is, I was never able to get my "mow"-jo up and running. So here I am, in dirty sweats in 85F degree weather, in the sun, adding fertilizer to, and tilling my veggie garden area, prepping it for planting some squash. I was able to harvest my red leaf lettuce and turnip greens from last autumn until just yesterday. I'm sweating like a fool, but I got it all done. Tomorrow I'm going to plant some zucchini, yellow crook-neck and banana squash seeds. And my clothes and I smell so bad I guess if I get in the mood to mow tomorrow I'll just have to do it in clean clothes. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Erin, not sure but you may be in a good area tonight to see the auroras (northern lights).

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Erin, not sure but you may be in a good area tonight to see the auroras (northern lights).
No, I am too far south, I have never seen them but want to.

Here is Dagny trying to see what Rob is looking at today...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365896080.764803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:

Auroras are on my bucket list!
What were they looking at?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Well, I put back on my dirty clothes from yesterday because I was planning to mow the back yard before I lose Misty and can't find her. Trouble is, I was never able to get my "mow"-jo up and running. So here I am, in dirty sweats in 85F degree weather, in the sun, adding fertilizer to, and tilling my veggie garden area, prepping it for planting some squash. I was able to harvest my red leaf lettuce and turnip greens from last autumn until just yesterday. I'm sweating like a fool, but I got it all done. Tomorrow I'm going to plant some zucchini, yellow crook-neck and banana squash seeds. And my clothes and I smell so bad I guess if I get in the mood to mow tomorrow I'll just have to do it in clean clothes. :rolleyes:

Wow, 85!! I would not be wearing sweats in that weather!! I also don't have the first clue of how to mow a lawn, otherwise I would love to help!

pugsandkids said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:

Auroras are on my bucket list!
What were they looking at?

The water at our reservoir.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Well, my brain may be leaking out my ears. So much TV today...
Hubby went out with our visiting friends, oldest is out on a date. Younger two are hanging with the neighbor.
I have to say that my middle son is not wired the same as his brothers. I'm so appreciative that we have a neighbor kid who's the same way! They are just happy to be nerdy, which I'm thrilled with :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
pugsandkids said:

We go to a river near our house a lot in the summer so we wanted to get kayaks and go down the river. The schnauzer is a good kayaker but I needed one with a big enough opening that the lab can lay in mine. I think we found a pair we like at REI.
The site is back to being fine.. did I mention I cursed myself. We had a romantic dinner and then I got drunk :D

CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:

This is a great pic :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sorry. I'm not 100% today so I need to just veg. Karen wouldn't even let me drive I was off that much.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Cowboy_Ken said:
Sorry. I'm not 100% today so I need to just veg. Karen wouldn't even let me drive I was off that much.

Is there anything you should have checked out? What kind of "off?"
You need to take care of yourself buddy!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
pugsandkids said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Is there anything you should have checked out? What kind of "off?"
You need to take care of yourself buddy!

I agree.. wait.. you went vegetarian?? hehe

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Nope. Cooked a ham for dinner. Didn't eat much, but I cooked it.
I think it's because I had no Hebrew National hot dogs today!

Status
Not open for further replies.