What did your tortoise get for the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
My RT got everything he has for the holidays since all my Christmas money got spent on him. More recently he got a ceramic heat emitter with a safe fixture since it's cold here! He got Mazuri in his stocking and is still warming up to it a bit as part of his diet.

What did your tortoise get? :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
My herd of Red-foots got a new bag of Mosser Lee moss and a big bag of fresh fruit including some papaya they rarely get.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Our torts got a huge salad with everything we could find at the store that day that was edible for tortoises- endive, escarole, spring mix, butternut squash, cactus, Mazuri, mango, strawberry, peach, peas...the works. Of course not everyone could have all of those items, but they feasted that day!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Tim & Robin that sounds yummy for them. I wish I had enough torts to feed that I could get such a wide selection.

old4x4

10 Year Member!
Sherman got a bag of spinach, but he's got to share it with Ozzy the Iguana.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
For X-mas, I bought Hermy a kids carpet to put on the floor. Because even if the enclosure is big enough for him (2 1/2*7) He stays in the warm side 95% of the time so I want to put him on the carpet once in a while for like 20 min(I dont want him to go on the floor because it could be too cold for him) to let him exercise a bit :D.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
A new home with me :) That included a humid hide, better substrate, a diet based on grass hay (instead of lettuce, *shudder*) and warmer temperatures (including a red heat bulb so that the white light can be shut off at night, they have lived the last few years with 24/7 light and NO hide!) a WATER BOWL (which they did not have at their previous home) and regular soaks. I think that was a pretty good gift!

Kristina

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
egyptiandan said:
Birth control pills :D

Danny

:D Awh Danny thanks for the wonderful chuckle!! :D

Jeff came home just before Christmas, so of course we ended up going to the local hardware store. :D I decided to try a couple of those plastic bin thingys somebody in here had talked about. I got a large one for the one group of redfoots to test out and a smaller one for Tillman. Tillman, the baby sulcata loves to climb on things, but then unfortunately he ends up o his back. So far no spills with his new hide, but unfortunately he never goes into it...just lays beside it. :rolleyes: :D

I picked up another type at WalMart and one of the Russian groups are busy moving it around. :D Also got a couple of additional kitchen shop lights while there.

Status
Not open for further replies.