What was your FIRST paying job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Since we are on the topic of jobs, I thought it would be cool to know what your very first, legit paying job was at a young age?

When I was 15 1/2, I worked at a local Pizza Hut (Carryout only). I was the guy taking orders over the phone, folding boxes, and making pizzas (even for those lovely anchovies lover people... yuck!)

I had the chance to continue playing high school football, but I needed the money more. I just saw $_$ at that point...not realizing that it wasn't really a high paying job :p

You?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I started babysitting when I was like 11-12, but my first REAL job was as a hostess at an upscale restaurant. I was 16 when I started and I got paid extremely well! I loved interacting with the customers and servers; it was a great first job. I also worked with friends, so it was way too much fun :p

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I babysat the entire summer when I was 14 for 2 awesome and fun kids! However my first legal on paper job was as a cashier at a mom and pop grocery and butcher shop :) I loved it, the owners were like my grand parents and I had known them since I was 6 ( I lived right down the road). Every Sunday the Woman would make me 2 fresh baked cinnamon buns with extra frosting! YUMMY!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Buger King. Worked there for two weeks as a cook. I hated it, my last day there every hamburger I made I wrapped it up and squished it before putting it on the warming rack.

After that I worked in just about every pizza restaurant there is...did that for...uh...15 years.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My first job was when I was 16 I worked a summer job working with the cleaning crew at the Las Vegas city hall. Most people thought I was doing community service :p:p:p

jbean7916

5 Year Member
My first job was at 15 when I was sacking groceries. Had to wear a tie and apron everyday *Yuck*

Me and the only other girl would beg and beg and beg to get to go wrangle carts in the parking lot just to get out of the building but they rarely let us. That was reserved for the boys.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Neal said:
Buger King. Worked there for two weeks as a cook. I hated it, my last day there every hamburger I made I wrapped it up and squished it before putting it on the warming rack.

After that I worked in just about every pizza restaurant there is...did that for...uh...15 years.

Mine was kinda the same but only McDonalds, I worked there for about a week, that was still the worst job I have ever had.
After that I worked at a Hollywood Video for about 5 years while in school.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Working on a farm when I was 15.....11 years later I still work on the farm and live there with my fiance and manage the farm in my spare time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Fernando are you writing as book or something?

I was about 10 or 11 when I first starting working summers with my grandpa doing gardening ( mowing lawns and such) My first job where I got a paycheck was in High School I worked in the cafeteria during lunch. So I was about 13 or 14 then.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My first real paying job was the summer I turned 16. I did janitorial work at a high school. It was through a summer youth program for low income families. I signed up late so got stuck with the only job left. I was the only girl with about 5 boys who were all a bit rough. It was pretty hard. I didn't have a car so I had to ride a bike there and back, about 5 miles. I got paid $3.35 an hour.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My first job was working behind the candy counter at a large department store. After that job I went to See's Candy. Anyone see a trend here?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I worked "for free" on the family farm until I left home at 17 to go into the military. But my first paying job was at 14 years old working as a laborer in the maintenance garage at a construction company. I was paid minimum wage which I think was around $2.30-2.40 an hour at the time. That was like being rich for a farm kid since we never actually got paid money working on the family farm. But we did get three meals a day and a warm, safe place to sleep so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was at the time!

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
wrmitchell22 said:
I babysat the entire summer when I was 14 for 2 awesome and fun kids! However my first legal on paper job was as a cashier at a mom and pop grocery and butcher shop :) I loved it, the owners were like my grand parents and I had known them since I was 6 ( I lived right down the road). Every Sunday the Woman would make me 2 fresh baked cinnamon buns with extra frosting! YUMMY!

I was 15 btw :)

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
im not sure which one was my first Job either Working at a Youth Summer Camp or UPS either way its one of those and i actually loved both i should of never left UPS :(

Status
Not open for further replies.