Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
I was pretty tired when I got back from a very long walk -I really like the rocks, though, as they are a lot more interesting than a path - i love climbing on things ! My dad always stays near me, though, because of dogs.
There were no dogs today, but two groups of schoolchildren, who were really interested in me, and I always like to educate children about tortoises, of course. I like to think I am a tortoise ambassador.
When I got back, I had a nice rest on my mum while she stroked me for a long time.
Goodnight to everyone from Zola xxxxxx
Dear Zola,

I remember when my eldest nephew was in pre-school and teacher asked "Who knows where tortoises come from?". Of course my nephew said "Grandad's house!". He used to call Jacky and Daisy " Torshees"!

Just going to look for bats

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello again everyone!

I didn't see any bats but I saw a young fox and several moths. Jacky is fast asleep now but she wants me to say goodnight to everyone. Angie when do you take your new medicine?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello again everyone!

I didn't see any bats but I saw a young fox and several moths. Jacky is fast asleep now but she wants me to say goodnight to everyone. Angie when do you take your new medicine?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy
Unfortunately not yet -the consent form I signed and sent didn't arrive, and I eventually emailed the hospital headache team,and got it sorted out - so the nurse has to send my prescription to the hospital pharmacist - it may take weeks, or maybe a few days -the pharmacist will then ring me, and we will go to Plymouth to collect it. I was misled about how long it might take ! Anyway, I will let you know when it comes.
Zola loves bats, but has seen very few - however, he has heard the baby swallows, who are getting louder every day in our carport.
Goodnight and lots of love to all from Angie and Zola xxxxx

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hello everyone!

Zola, your story reminded me of the time I was in my outdoor enclosure on the front yard. I was soaking in my water dish when a group of preschoolers walked by and their teacher pointed me out: "Look, there is a tortoise on that plate!". The children weren't allowed to go near by their teachers, but they peaked at me through the fence. I hope that the children will remember that Russian tortoises need to drink too, and of course my handsome face :cool:

Edward :tort:

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good morning everyone!

Jacky will now be sleeping in the Pet carrier and spending time in the bathroom if I am out...

Natrah
Why what’s she done?
Dickie got the end of my finger earlier when I gave her a little bit of cherry. Didn’t hurt but I was surprised at the effort I had to make to pull my finger back out 😆

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Dear Dickie,

I managed to taste Natrah's finger last year😂!

Jacky
Dear Jacky and Dickie,

I bit my servants knuckles yesterday 😂 It was her fault because she called for me, but ended up having no food. How should I know that the knuckles weren't my treat for coming?

And Jacky, why do you have to be put in the dog carrier?

Edward :tort:

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Edward - I think it quite shocking that your servant had no food for you -naturally you expected some reward. I think I have got my parents well trained after all these years, on the whole - my mum often claims she knows exactly what I am thinking - she is right a lot of the time, too !
I had another long walk on the breakwater today, and met several people who were impressed by my walking skills.
It will be my official birthday on July 8th, and I hope it will be sunny, so we can go to Torquay, which is the seaside town my mum used to go to as a little girl, when her family used to visit her aunt there every year.
She still loves it, although it has changed a lot - and there is a lovely fish and chips shop there - my parents get some, and we sit on a nearby cliff, looking at the sea, while they eat their fish and chips and I have cucumber and lambs lettuce! We will go down to the beach and walk on the sand where she used to play
every year.
By the way, I shall be 24 years old (it will also be my mum's birthday, but she doesn't like to say how old she is -I think that's silly, as we tortoises are very proud of being old ! )
Love from Zola xxxxxx

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Dear Zola,

8th of July is actually my servants birthday too! Unfortunately I don't know my birthday, but I think I should be celebrated too 😁

Also, I have bit my servants fingers multiple times when I get hand fed cucumber. I won't eat cucumber from the floor, especially small pieces. But when my servant hand feeds me some, I go crazy for it and make a mess. Especially with all the cucumber juice, I think that I can be excused for having a few nibbles of her fingers. I have a style of taking multiple small bites whenever I eat, so her finger has never been stuck in my mouth! I don't bite when being handfed other stuff. There is just something about cucumber that gets me.

Goodnight, Edward :tort:

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening my dear tortoise friends!

Yippee! Look what I found:

Goodnight

Jacky View attachment 372362
Dear Edward,

Just incase you wonder why there are so many photos of Jacky on the bathroom scales it is because she is obsessed by them. Zola have you seen the swallows?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Angel Daisy and........ Jacky

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Dear Edward,

Just incase you wonder why there are so many photos of Jacky on the bathroom scales it is because she is obsessed by them. Zola have you seen the swallows?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Angel Daisy and........ Jacky
Yeah, I was wondering. But I have to understand because I am obsessed with climbing (especially) anything wooden.

Goodnight, Edward

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Yeah, I was wondering. But I have to understand because I am obsessed with climbing (especially) anything wooden.

Goodnight, Edward
Dear Edward - my mum is very happy that we share your servant's birthday. Does she has a name we could use when we sing Happy Birthday to her on our special day?. If not, never mind - we can sing Happy Birthday Dear Servant . Is she older than me? I bet she isn't as old as my mum !!!
Love from Zola xxxxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Goodnight everyone - I hope my dad will have some more swallow photos tomorrow - they are still well, and getting bigger every day.
Love from Zola and Angie xxxxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Zola,

8th of July is actually my servants birthday too! Unfortunately I don't know my birthday, but I think I should be celebrated too 😁

Also, I have bit my servants fingers multiple times when I get hand fed cucumber. I won't eat cucumber from the floor, especially small pieces. But when my servant hand feeds me some, I go crazy for it and make a mess. Especially with all the cucumber juice, I think that I can be excused for having a few nibbles of her fingers. I have a style of taking multiple small bites whenever I eat, so her finger has never been stuck in my mouth! I don't bite when being handfed other stuff. There is just something about cucumber that gets me.

Goodnight, Edward :tort:
Dear Edward, I think you should have an official birthday too - You can share mine if your servant won't object. You do need to be celebrated, obviously.
Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Goodnight everyone - I hope my dad will have some more swallow photos tomorrow - they are still well, and getting bigger every day.
Love from Zola and Angie xxxxx
Dear Zola and Angie,

Did you see Jacky's photo and also Sue (@MoggyMad)?

Natrah