Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
wow smarch dude! thats so good! i wish i could dawn like that:(
I have talent, I knew this. But honestly I've seen people who "can't draw" create things just as well. Take a class if you tovthe opportunity, take the time to work on it, and you could do this too. And good professors help :) our school has som great ones!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good morning everyone! Its my favorite day of the week! Its drawing class Wednesday!! :D Yesterday I went and planned out my courses to register for next semester, and met with my advisor, (we have to get a slip signed off to unlock us in the system to be able to register online) and usually she'll look at your degree audit (fancy transcript) and see what you've taken and what you need to take still, and talk about it. Well that lasted all of 2 seconds before she signed haha. Some of you know I'm technically in a place to graduate this December, I have all the classes for my major done, and have enough credits, i'm basically just going the one last semester because I can. I've managed to plan out so that i'd only have classes Mondays and Wednesdays and would only go to our art studio never campus, needless to say i'm excited!! I am however sad that there are no more Russian History classes, I've taken them all. There's a history of warfare I want to take and a health and nutrition since I may as well learn that since i'm pretty ignorant :oops: the rest will all be art :D
But essentially my whole 15 minutes of advising was talking about life, like I wasn't even a student :) I honestly no longer see myself as a student anyways

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Morning everyone. Last night ended up being my final shift at the Home Depot. I grew tired of people caring more about keeping the floor swept that they do about customer and employee safety. I had some arrogant pig headed manager trying to prove a point (he failed miserably I might add) and created a huge safety problem trying to use the wrong piece of equipment and knocking product all over the place. Knocking shelves over an sending customers running. I insisted that he get off the fork lift and left me fix what he messed up before it got worse. His ego got in the way and I had to use vulgar language to get my point across. It worked, he got off and I fixed everything. The store manager was more concerned with me cussing out another employee than the safety issue. They said I was going to have to be reprimanded for speaking to another associate in that matter. I told them I'd do it again in a heart beat of that was the only way to get them to listen and stop a safety issue. Then told them to save there write up for some who wanted to put up with their crap and walked out.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Morning everyone. Last night ended up being my final shift at the Home Depot. I grew tired of people caring more about keeping the floor swept that they do about customer and employee safety. I had some arrogant pig headed manager trying to prove a point (he failed miserably I might add) and created a huge safety problem trying to use the wrong piece of equipment and knocking product all over the place. Knocking shelves over an sending customers running. I insisted that he get off the fork lift and left me fix what he messed up before it got worse. His ego got in the way and I had to use vulgar language to get my point across. It worked, he got off and I fixed everything. The store manager was more concerned with me cussing out another employee than the safety issue. They said I was going to have to be reprimanded for speaking to another associate in that matter. I told them I'd do it again in a heart beat of that was the only way to get them to listen and stop a safety issue. Then told them to save there write up for some who wanted to put up with their crap and walked out.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Hadn't you already planned to quit anyways? Are you saying he was trying to clean the floor with a forklift or was that another thought? Sometimes those words are the only thing that do work, I mean I don't swear... accept the occasional D and H in regular life, but when I get mad you know, and all sorts of words you would never expect to come out of a young woman's mouth! And I've even seen it before where its the only way people will listen, and if safety was an issue it was definitely excusable, even if there were customers around to hear it. I feel like walking out like that is one of the most liberating feelings to go through, I had an experience in high school where I wish I'd done it.
I have a female friend who worked (and possibly still does) at the same place, and because she's female, male customers were awful to her, either not respecting her for knowing anything or trying to hit on her. She hated it so bad she started working overnights to avoid it.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hadn't you already planned to quit anyways? Are you saying he was trying to clean the floor with a forklift or was that another thought? Sometimes those words are the only thing that do work, I mean I don't swear... accept the occasional D and H in regular life, but when I get mad you know, and all sorts of words you would never expect to come out of a young woman's mouth! And I've even seen it before where its the only way people will listen, and if safety was an issue it was definitely excusable, even if there were customers around to hear it. I feel like walking out like that is one of the most liberating feelings to go through, I had an experience in high school where I wish I'd done it.
I have a female friend who worked (and possibly still does) at the same place, and because she's female, male customers were awful to her, either not respecting her for knowing anything or trying to hit on her. She hated it so bad she started working overnights to avoid it.

No he was using a forklift that was way to big to fit down the aisle and knocking things down, getting stuck and damaging product and shelving. No customers heard me cussing him out, he just butt hurt over it and went to tattle tale on me because he's on of the department managers and didn't want me talking to him like that. I get the fact that you have to respect management ( I'm senior management on my normal day job) but safety is safety and he was just no listing so I used some not safe work work words with him.

The floor sweeping comment was in reference to the assistant store manager who only had a problem with me cussing not the guy who could have killed someone. You can tell her something is unsafe in your department and she never does anything about it but don't sweep the floor good at closing and she loses her sh*t.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
No he was using a forklift that was way to big to fit down the aisle and knocking things down, getting stuck and damaging product and shelving. No customers heard me cussing him out, he just butt hurt over it and went to tattle tale on me because he's on of the department managers and didn't want me talking to him like that. I get the fact that you have to respect management ( I'm senior management on my normal day job) but safety is safety and he was just no listing so I used some not safe work work words with him.

The floor sweeping comment was in reference to the assistant store manager who only had a problem with me cussing not the guy who could have killed someone. You can tell her something is unsafe in your department and she never does anything about it but don't sweep the floor good at closing and she loses her sh*t.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
I was picturing engineering a forklift into a mini street sweeper like appliance lol complete with mops and brooms... maybe I should stop imagining things I can picture being done here amongst engineers lol. It was still a funny thought to imagine.
I know what you mean by managers son, we have a similar thing here, except try owners son.... anyways things get kinda tense!
Funny, I was always scared of the fork lifts going around when I was young, but then I realized they weren't scary, turns out they can be!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well I knew I was the only woman engineer here, but the start of next year our secretary is leaving and we hired a male secretary! I'll be quite a target for jokes (they're in good fun so its not like harassment, gotta have humor to survive!)
Today I got to be an assembly tester for development because I
I'm already up here and all the people in assembly are woman so they wanted to know female hands (smaller then theirs) would be able to work the assembly fixture, guess i'm the guiney pig, doesn't bother me I just thought it was funny that they were talking and like "hey Sarah! you're perfect come here!"

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Another day our torts can enjoy the sun bath!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good Morning.

Had my coffee already this morning but still felt kind of sleepy...... And I went to bed by 11 last night. waking up at 6:30. I need more coffee.......

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I didn't have any coffee!! I want coffee! ... I had some home made Mt Dew though.
I'm always tired, I go to bed by 11 and am up at 6:45. Even nights im in bed by 10:00 i'm still exhausted!
Not enough coffee in the world!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
This weather! Ugh! I am normally all for some rain since we desperately need it here but it's been far too long since we've seen the sun and it's depressing. My poor tortoises need some sunshine!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
This weather! Ugh! I am normally all for some rain since we desperately need it here but it's been far too long since we've seen the sun and it's depressing. My poor tortoises need some sunshine!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415207036.183472.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yup, I hear ya! For us though, this is a drying trend. It'll be like this and/or rainy for the next few months. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415207381.980545.jpg