Pretend Chat 2.14

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Had the most horrible thing - this lady dropped her dog off for boarding today. She comes back in with a bucket and asks if someone will take it... Inside at the bottom is a rock, some water, and a RES. I, unfortunately, couldn't because I don't have the space or money right now.... Nobody else in my city is interested in turtles. So she walks out and says she's gonna let it outside. In the 25 degree snow covered ground weather. :( I felt so horrible - I didn't know what to do. We asked her to take it somewhere (like our zoo) and she just walked out and talked about how she was already running late to get to her flight. Why get a turtle if you're not going to care for it?
To a lot of people, reptiles are throwaway 'purchases' they don't deserve a good, quality life :(
I hope she didn't let him out!! :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Had the most horrible thing - this lady dropped her dog off for boarding today. She comes back in with a bucket and asks if someone will take it... Inside at the bottom is a rock, some water, and a RES. I, unfortunately, couldn't because I don't have the space or money right now.... Nobody else in my city is interested in turtles. So she walks out and says she's gonna let it outside. In the 25 degree snow covered ground weather. :( I felt so horrible - I didn't know what to do. We asked her to take it somewhere (like our zoo) and she just walked out and talked about how she was already running late to get to her flight. Why get a turtle if you're not going to care for it?
Sometimes people don't consider animals like they are g-ds creatures too. :(

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
So one of the writers of The Teenage Mutant ninja turtles actually knows something about turtles. In this episode Leonard is injured and in a coma. They store him in a bath tub with some water in it and say it will keep him hydrated and help him heal.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Howdy Kerryann. Thought about you the other day, wondered what had happened to ya. Nice to see you back in town so to speak.
Next week is my last week of pure insanity. They almost shipped me off to Germany but realized they still need me here too so I have meetings at 4 am daily to noon and then at Ford from 1pm to I leave at whenever.. in the evening.
But this weekend, I am relaxing and drinking. :)
Oh and I just made homemade banana bread for the first time ever!!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's really good with walnuts for the crunch texture. Raisins on the other hand rehydrate and that texture is kinda gross, to me.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cowboy, I'm sitting outside by the kitchen window smoking a cig . My boy is walking into the kitchen and I put my face at the window with smoke scared the crap out of him . Haha I love it . Too funny . Teach him to stay up playing scary video games . Haha

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Cowboy, I'm sitting outside by the kitchen window smoking a cig . My boy is walking into the kitchen and I put my face at the window with smoke scared the crap out of him . Haha I love it . Too funny . Teach him to stay up playing scary video games . Haha
images

HA! I would have died. I hate scary stuff! That's a ace with have frozen into your memory FOREVER! :D