Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Good morning everyone! The sun is going to shine today after two days of drizzle and rain. I had just about decided I was going to have to run the sprinkler in my leopard yard when it started to rain. Hopefully, today it will be dry enough that I can safely use my electric chain saw. I have a whole great big pile of scrap lumber that needs cutting up to wood stove size pieces.

View attachment 119649

View attachment 119648

I wish I could send my gardener up there, he would have that cleaned up in an hour! Good luck and be careful !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What! And take away all my fun?

I have a very big self satisfaction feeling when I've finished a big job like that. Besides that, what else do I have to do? I could very easily turn into a big fat sitting-in-the-recliner-reading-all-day-long slob. I have to keep busy.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
At least they have a reason to get up (work). Misty wakes me up every morning at 5a and pesters me until I get up...and I'm retired!!!

I remember you saying that. Do you bug her when she's sleeping? I mess with mine when they are all cozy and trying to sleep.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good morning everyone! The sun is going to shine today after two days of drizzle and rain. I had just about decided I was going to have to run the sprinkler in my leopard yard when it started to rain. Hopefully, today it will be dry enough that I can safely use my electric chain saw. I have a whole great big pile of scrap lumber that needs cutting up to wood stove size pieces.

View attachment 119649

View attachment 119648
Holy Cow!!!!! That's a LOTTA chopping!!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
What! And take away all my fun?

I have a very big self satisfaction feeling when I've finished a big job like that. Besides that, what else do I have to do? I could very easily turn into a big fat sitting-in-the-recliner-reading-all-day-long slob. I have to keep busy.
You watch for nails, young lady!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! She's bigger than me! And she could hurt me. Once I got down on the floor to cuddle with her while she was in her bed and she bowled me over with kisses and was jumping all over my curled-into-a-ball body as I covered my head trying to protect myself!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Good morning all! My infrared thermometer is supposed to arrive at my house today :D my last one broke and Ib didn't really think of that when I just switched Carl into a completely different habitat.... oops

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm doing okay. Not much pain anymore. Just a feeling of having something in Mayeye, which is sort of ironic if you think about it :) but I feel pressure in there if I look down, bend down or try to lift anything.
I HATE feeling anything in my eye, and not being able to see well freaks me out. I will take hand problems over eye problems any day.
You seem to be handling this a lot better than I would! Best wishes! :p

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I don't know why they feel Mark Harmon has to have such a wierd haircut. You can tell his hair doesn't usually lay that way because it wants to pop up and go to the other side. So he used to be a Marine. Big deal. That was years ago. It's time they allowed his hair a more natural look. And speaking of hair. Pauly Parette needs to go back to her natural color too. Her black stringy hair isn't pretty. It always looks oily and stringy. But, really folks...I love that show!!

How do you like the new woman?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I've done all my morning chores. Alaina is fed and we've done three activities together. We worked on writing letters in a salt tray, built a city out of blocks for her cars, and did a puzzle together. Now she is watching a couple of scholastic book videos. This nasty weather is making me super drowsy. I hope she naps today because I may join her!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424795551.178266.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424795574.628912.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424795589.795810.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424795603.347254.jpg

Heather H

N.E. ohio

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
I think I'm sick with the flu...fever and body ache. :(:(

9:45 AM appointment to see a Doctor.

Good Morning everyone! ! ! !:):)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
do you homeschool?
Yes and no. Lol.
I would like to homeschool all three of my kids, and may, but I have big challenges with my oldest who is 14. My youngest turned 3 in September so I've been doing activities with her in the mornings to reinforce things she's already learned and we build on those things at her pace. Her pace is a little crazy though. She started reading a couple of months ago and is always doing basic math.
We did this yesterday morning.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1424796396.307188.jpg
She lined up craft sticks that I numbered 1-20. And then she lined up the sticks I numbered 10-200, counting by 10's.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Yes and no. Lol.
I would like to homeschool all three of my kids, and may, but I have big challenges with my oldest who is 14. My youngest turned 3 in September so I've been doing activities with her in the mornings to reinforce things she's already learned and we build on those things at her pace. Her pace is a little crazy though. She started reading a couple of months ago and is always doing basic math.
We did this yesterday morning.
View attachment 119666
She lined up craft sticks that I numbered 1-20. And then she lined up the sticks I numbered 10-200, counting by 10's.
nice. my 8 year old goes to ohio connections academy its virtual school. so he does it at home on the computer. its free and they send you the materials and a computer. it works for us , most days lol

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Look at you being all active and stuff :)
I'm being lazy and watching the race and snoozing on the couch ;)
our internet had gone out and I was bored before the race started then once I started digging I couldn't just abandon the mission! ...well that and it was go outside and be active or go get dressed and drive out to the gym... outside was more fun!