Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
That was an exciting ending
well exciting maybe but my brother (ok and me too a little) are Jeff Gordon fans and he was in the finishing wreck nocking him way back :( but Jr finished real nice and he's my favorite :) I grew up wanting to be different than my family who were Gordon fans... like literally my brother was a fan of the Rainbow Warrior at age 3 no lie! so its weird to finally admit he's a good racer and i'm a fan, but Jr is still my #1! :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yes and no. Lol.
I would like to homeschool all three of my kids, and may, but I have big challenges with my oldest who is 14. My youngest turned 3 in September so I've been doing activities with her in the mornings to reinforce things she's already learned and we build on those things at her pace. Her pace is a little crazy though. She started reading a couple of months ago and is always doing basic math.
We did this yesterday morning.
View attachment 119666
She lined up craft sticks that I numbered 1-20. And then she lined up the sticks I numbered 10-200, counting by 10's.

She is so into it, and a cutie!!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good afternoon everyone! Fell l ike I've been absent for a while lol. Our internet at home has been on the fritz and I'm in a cell phone dead zone so I rely on the wifi. It was down again last night so I couldn't watch House on Netflix after my long day of class :( So today I finally used my gift card to amazon and bought season 2-8 of house (since I already own 1) and they'll be coming in soon... actually most will be coming while I'm down in GA... 8 days!!!
I've been grumpy because I didn't get to watch House last night... then got stuck in grid-locked traffic this morning. But now I'm feeling better :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Good afternoon everyone! Fell l ike I've been absent for a while lol. Our internet at home has been on the fritz and I'm in a cell phone dead zone so I rely on the wifi. It was down again last night so I couldn't watch House on Netflix after my long day of class :( So today I finally used my gift card to amazon and bought season 2-8 of house (since I already own 1) and they'll be coming in soon... actually most will be coming while I'm down in GA... 8 days!!!
I've been grumpy because I didn't get to watch House last night... then got stuck in grid-locked traffic this morning. But now I'm feeling better :)
My least favorite part about online shopping is waiting for things to arrive. It's not like going to the store and leaving with what you paid for. I'm not a patient person! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How do you like the new woman?

Who are you talking about, Bishop? She's been on for a couple of seasons now. She's growing on me, but I can't figure out why her eyebrows are black when her hair is blond.???

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think I'm sick with the flu...fever and body ache. :(:(

9:45 AM appointment to see a Doctor.

Good Morning everyone! ! ! !:):)

You big sissy. Go to bed and sleep with a heating pad. Sweat it out!! But seriously, hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My least favorite part about online shopping is waiting for things to arrive. It's not like going to the store and leaving with what you paid for. I'm not a patient person! :p

I love shopping on Amazon. I usually get my orders within a couple of days.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I hate it when my internet connection goes down. Thankfully it doesn't happen to often. Kisses to AT&T's DSL (I know they don't call it that anymore, but that's what it was when I bought it, so that's what it is!!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Darn it! I'm gonna' have to write that down. Every time I order something I forget that name and just go on regular Amazon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh no...wait...that's not what I meant. I want to know the name of the amazon site that gives credit to your choice of what do you call its with each order (my mind has gone blank)

Charity, that's it - charity!!

Last edited:

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I hate it when my internet connection goes down. Thankfully it doesn't happen to often. Kisses to AT&T's DSL (I know they don't call it that anymore, but that's what it was when I bought it, so that's what it is!!)
We have charter... and we didn't have any problems until this weekend, I really think it was from this dumb "upgrade" to charter spectrum or whatever to go all digital or something. I mean I already have issues with iOS 8 on my phone with wifi connection being touchy but it was the internet that was just gone yesterday, because all my devices were down... and i'm 21 I have A LOT of technology lol

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Afternoon all
Good afternoon!
I've had chocolate covered espresso beans... tonight may be one of those nights I go home and Nank has that though "what in the name of tortoise keepers is wrong with you!!??"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacqui!

This is what my scrap lumber wood pile looked like when I started cutting wood this a.m.:scrap lumber 2-24-15 a.jpg

and this is what it looked like when my back told me it was time to quit:

scrap lumber 2-24-15 b.jpg

I'm about halfway through the original stack. If the weather holds I may be able to finish tomorrow.

A few years ago my son-in-law cut up and split a 45 or 50' tall eucalyptus tree and in order to keep those big pieces burning, I have to include a couple of scraps every so often.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just wanted to say to legit, that though I would never wish for her (or anybody) to have the eye surgery, I am so glad she has been sharing with us what it is like. I have found it all to be very interesting.