Pretend Chat 2.14

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
If I have the second surgery it's going to keep me down a while longer. A friend of mine's son can help me, spectrum he takes direction well :) he has some cognitive issues but is a hard worker and tries. I just have to keep them on track. I won't be able to help him physically though is the same. Price but maybe we can get a little bit done.
how good is your vision right now? is everything like blurry?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
My vision goes in and out of focus. I can't see the eyechart at the doctors office. I can count fingers at about 4 feet. A strange thing happened the other night, I swear that I saw light with the left eye, the IV removed. But I swear I did it was bright. Very strange. Maybe it is the visual equivalent to a phantom limb.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
My vision goes in and out of focus. I can't see the eyechart at the doctors office. I can count fingers at about 4 feet. A strange thing happened the other night, I swear that I saw light with the left eye, the IV removed. But I swear I did it was bright. Very strange. Maybe it is the visual equivalent to a phantom limb.
whats phantom limb?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
That is fascinating.
How are you feeling this evening? Errrr tonight. Just realized it's already Tuesday where I live LOL.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm doing okay. Not much pain anymore. Just a feeling of having something in Mayeye, which is sort of ironic if you think about it :) but I feel pressure in there if I look down, bend down or try to lift anything.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Not much. Kind of forgot to eat dinner tonight so now I'm starving and trying to find something good. I've been wanting to get out and start working on tortoise and Boxturtle pens because the weather is cold but dry and sunny. But I am not allowed to lift anything for a few weeks after my surgery. So now I have all the time in the world and I can't do anything with it. Very frustrating!
I know what you mean! The surgery on my right hand 2 wks ago went well, but I can't use it at all, and I'm right handed.

That's real interesting about seeing that bright light in your left eye that was removed. I bet it IS similar to phantom limb. I hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm doing okay. Not much pain anymore. Just a feeling of having something in Mayeye, which is sort of ironic if you think about it :) but I feel pressure in there if I look down, bend down or try to lift anything.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I hate having something in my eye, even a little particle of dust. I can't imagine the feeling you're going through right now. Well, hopefully it will be over soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning everyone! The sun is going to shine today after two days of drizzle and rain. I had just about decided I was going to have to run the sprinkler in my leopard yard when it started to rain. Hopefully, today it will be dry enough that I can safely use my electric chain saw. I have a whole great big pile of scrap lumber that needs cutting up to wood stove size pieces.

woodpilea.jpg

woodpile b.jpg