Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
On the way up here to get online, I drive by a bluebird house at the old church. The man who put them up has died and I do not know who takes care of them all. Last night in the storm the house had blown down. I stopped to look and dug down inside to see atleast one live baby. Not sure if it is a bluebird or not. I can not recall seeing any bluebirds by that house this spring. Anyhow, I tried my best using my fingers to rescrew the box back up.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Not yet. I have another con-call at 10:00 PM my time which is 9:00 AM Central time.

I went for the verification of OQ(operation qualification), and PQ (production qualification). Lots work to get qualify as a new vendor. But it is very challenging but fun.

That's funny because my husband walks with OG & PQ! Yes, it's very hard work for a new vendor.

It's probably the hardest part of his job besides getting the factory to ship on time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Not yet. I have another con-call at 10:00 PM my time which is 9:00 AM Central time.

I went for the verification of OQ(operation qualification), and PQ (production qualification). Lots work to get qualify as a new vendor. But it is very challenging but fun.
Best of luck with all that, Steven.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My daughter just lives about a half mile from me, so she will come over and do what needs to be done. My biggest worry is about Misty. She's my faithful companion. She doesn't live outside, but rather in the house with me. So while I'm gone, she'll be in the house and probably pretty upset.

I'm trying to not dwell on it and hopefully everything will be ok while I'm gone.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My daughter just lives about a half mile from me, so she will come over and do what needs to be done. My biggest worry is about Misty. She's my faithful companion. She doesn't live outside, but rather in the house with me. So while I'm gone, she'll be in the house and probably pretty upset.

I'm trying to not dwell on it and hopefully everything will be ok while I'm gone.

That's nice your daughter is able to help. Can you leave a radio or TV on for Misty? I do that if we're gone most of the day. I really think it helps.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
How are you all meeting? At the airport or hotel?

I hope Ken gets to hang out with you all!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It is a sunny morning here. No tornado here, but lots of high winds, hail and hard rain. I lucked out, I have no major branches, just a ton of small ones. The maple seed planes make it so easy to see how high the water went last night in my yard. Pretty impressive.

Glad the tornado missed your area!!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I don't understand.
Everyone's got to just let their gardens die?
Surely people with grazing animals get exemption?
My gallons per month is so very low per person, I don't think I have to worry. The grass not used for tortoises is already let to brown out. We get enough fog and rain, that the stronger deeper rooted grass and weeds will grow on their own. Some people are on their own well, they 'own' their water. It's not much like how the press is characterizing it. That's not to say we live in a swamp, but unless you see careless water use it makes little sense - water the sidewalk, letting toilets run for hours and days, running sprinklers in the rain, really silly poor use like that will be clamped down on. Some cities even have ordinances (very local laws) saying you must have a green lawn, xeroscape is not allowed. It's a big push to try and get many people to pay attention to a resource taken for granted. There are 'smart' meters to help water regulators sort some of it out. There is a huge proportion of people who get what is in essence un-metered water, that is again an ordinance thing that will have to be changed. I pay the water bill for my tenants because there is no meter per unit, I may be required to change that.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thoughts going out to Mooz (Bea) on her first day back to work after her surgery and recovery. :) Hope your hand (and you) hold up well. :)
Thanks so much, Jacqui and others!:)
So far, so good! I brought cinnamon rolls from a wonderful New Orleans bakery to pass around, to help things get off to a good start!:)
Had to get IT to help me get into my computer...LOOOOOVE our IT folks!
My special handle-gadget for unlocking the doors and gates is working well- no hand pain!!:)
Everyone has been super nice!

In the interest of preserving my sanity I have decreed that ANY EMAIL that came in during my 3 months out does NOT EXIST! :p I will start with today's email and I figure whatever is important enough will come back again anyway! :p

M

Maggie Cummings

Yeah they're more like flavorless gel like stuff but they're tolerable when eaten with the corn
Get Stouffer's, meatloaf...I live on Stouffer's...feels like a real meal . Meat and mashed potatoes, that actually have really met a potato, really good meatloaf ....and....and.....NO CHEESE!!!
The Lasgsna is wonderful and it has...3 layers of....CHEESE, real CHEESE. the spagetthi is good, the mac n CHEESE is, well, mac n CHEESE. And now I will make my escape before CHEESE balls are thrown at me....are Cheetos considered CHEESE???