Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yvonne I have your money order going to mail it in a few minutes.

Attachments

• 1473547402312.jpg
    1473547402312.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Anyone ever get so overwhelmed you panic and get nothing done? :( Today is a struggle.

M

Maggie Cummings

It fills like yesterday he asked how do you play smoke on the water . So I showed him then bam .

Oh man, just mentioning Smoke on The Water gets me remembering. Teach him how to play, "Hiway Star", one of my all time favorites or oh God, Whipping Post, my MOST favorite. Allman Brothers about 1968-69 maybe?Tied to the Whipping Post....Oh my.
Well chat group Justin is awesome, go on my Facebook page and hear and see him playing "Stairway To Heaven" it's enough to make you cry for the best days of your, well maybe just my life. That music brings back memories of the good times. And I'd bet most on the chat don't even know the music we're talking about. Anyway gang....He's Justin Taylor, I don't know his age, 15? MIke?

So Good Saturday all. I did my first shift at the wildlife refuge. I washed, dried, folded and put away 12 loads of laundry. Making me notice the 3 clean unfolded piles on my bedroom floor. Chintimini Wildlife refuge. Then all the sudden the shift supervisor gets me and says they are having an emergency and they needed me to feed the baby birds in the nursery so everybody else could do something else. Anyhow, she showed me once how to do it, then for the next 3 hours or so, I fed every 30 minutes 8 baby Barn Swallows, a Peewee, a Crow, a flycatcher, 2 Nuthatches and a Hawk. I watched a Seagull die, get cut up, then pieces were thrown at the BIG Raptors. But it takes 30 minutes to feed them all, so I'd just start over again. It was easy they acted like I was Mama and ate like little pigs. I was told the crow wouldn't eat at all, but he ate several unrecognizable pieces of meat, and 8 grapes. I was told not to talk to them and try to kinda hide behind the door, but of course I forgot all that and was coaxing the crow, "come on sweetie, eat one more, and he'd caw at me and eat one more." He came from the back of the cage to the front and was just talking to me and he'd open his mouth, and I'd pop in some food. Hel*, he ate good as far as I was concerned. But he really talked to me. I was told no one else has seen him do that. Anyway, the shift supervisor was pretty much hiding behind the door and she saw and heard me. I figured that was my first and last shift. But when it was time to go, everyone was meeting in a room, and she said she had never in 20 years had a volunteer that caught on as quickly as I did, and that my relationship with animals was incredible to see. In fact she called it unique. She said she had never had a volunteer on their first shift that she could count on like she saw with me. I just said, "Yeah, I know how to do laundry, I had 3 kids". But I started crying on the way home because I was so tired, I felt I couldn't do the job. I wanted to quit, I haven't worked since I became disabled in 2003. Plus I missed a race where my 18 car won. It was a lot of using my hands obviously, to feed those babies, so my hands are barely functioning today.
But when I got home I had a text telling me, my still in the womb great granddaughter was doing fine and they were buying a mobile home in SLO as she's got that nesting urge. And that perked me up. So now, I'm going to do a good deed and fold and put away my own laundry.
I found this in my yard this am. Gotta go, got laundry, AND my NASCAR race. Last race to the chase, it's super important. It sets the field for the last 10 races to the championship. Kyle Busch!!!! Don't pay attention to the date, I can't figure out, or haven't taken the time to figure out how to change it. But this pix was taken this am....Laundry here I come....I HATE to fold clothesDSCN2791.JPG

M

Maggie Cummings

OMGosh! I just talked to Mike and he told me Justin is 13!!! You have to go on my Facebook page and listen to his video....Maggie Cummings.

M

Maggie Cummings

Not working that's for sure ! Probably watch some hot rod TV . Drink a few beers . Drive the wife nuts . Pick on the grandkids until they cry . O take my bike to get new white wall tires put on . That one is important. The bike has to always be ready to ride .
It's quarter to 8 PM in Texas, and I bet you did nothing but drink beer, watch TV and make McEvil crazy.......

M

Maggie Cummings

OK....somebody better tell me why, just why and who decided we need to fold our undies etc. to put them in a drawer, I will mess it up immediately looking for a specific something. So, in the interest of time, I took all that crap and shoved it in my drawer unfolded, I'm gonna mess it up anyway, I'll just start now and save time. Damn I have some good ideas.....:p

Think about it, The Justin Taylor Band, i'm in!!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's quarter to 8 PM in Texas, and I bet you did nothing but drink beer, watch TV and make McEvil crazy.......
Nope we've been playing poker at the neighbor's house. I lost so I'm outside having a smoke .

M

Maggie Cummings

DSCN2278.JPG PC170340 (1).JPG DSCN2399.JPG This is Lil Roxie....she's 17, gets monthly injections of adequan for the pain of her legs. She limps front and back. Spends most of her time sleeping on my bed, sleeps all night with me, several times coughing up hairballs and puke on my pillow so I roll my face into cold puke. So if she doesn't die soon, she'll die soon. Oh man I want that kitten....Lil Roxie has gone from 8 pounds to 6. The other is Maks. She's a true tuxedo, weighing in at 19 pounds.

M

Maggie Cummings

Notice Lil Roxie is playing with her only toy on my bed... 17 and she plays laying down....too cute
In the second picture Lil Roxie is giving comfort to a sick Russian in a hospital tank. And the tortoise is in the sleeping position and is sound asleep, cat or not, she's warm.
She's a service cat.
hahahahahaha

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Maggie so glad your volunteering went so well! Sounds like fun and interesting at the same time.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I got a little bit done late last night and I'm feeling a tad bit better. This new place is smaller than the last so the amount of stuff in it is stifling. I'm getting the shelves set up though and things are going on them which helps.
Today is our day off, all year we wait for the Coburg Antique Fair. Umm I'm a dork.