Pretend Chat 2.14

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Morning Jax. Have a nice day . I'm going to sleep now .

M

Maggie Cummings

I am on my last break. 2.5 hours to go. Then it's home and yardwork... plus the never ending trying to feed these two baby kittens.

You using a small baby bottle or a syringe? I'd use the syringe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My grandmother used to sing a song about eating worms . Something like ..... nobody likes everybody hates me I'm running off to eat worms . She would sing that when one of us kids didn't get our way and was throwing a fit. Come to think of it man that was mean . My boys used to come to me crying about something. I'd tell them . You need to take that to your mother I have no titties for you to suckle on. You cry baby . Come to think of that . Man I was mean . But it made them stop crying over everything. It sucks that your Insurance Company isn't helping more Maggie. I hate dealing with insurance. I think it a good concept but doesn't work well for both parties. I would like to see a company let you pay a monthly note while taking like 4%. For handling and what not . But all the other money's you've paid over the years is there for your car repair or the other person's car repair . Sorta like a savings account your made to have in case of a wreck. I didn't understand how the company can take so much cash over the years and not have to pay out a certain percentage of the money you've put in . No matter what your car is worth . But they go by market value of the car . Over a life time you've pain probably over 100000 in insurance yet they only give you 3000 to repair a car that to you is priceless.

M

Maggie Cummings

@mike taylor Nobody likes me, everybody hates me....guess I'll go eat worms...big fat juicy ones, little tiny skinny ones... how they kick and squirm.

I'm a gramma too.

M

Maggie Cummings

Crud, My sister beats me to the punch every time. But "I" didn't have to copy and paste. That came from what is left of my own mind. Just sayin

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Y'all should see the pretty Russian tortoise that came to me from Manteca yesterday...and she's huge!! I'll go get a picture later. It's still too cold out there for me right now.

M

Maggie Cummings

@mike taylor I think you don't understand. The other guy, the drunk who ran a red light chased me down and then hit me has no insurance period. He was driving a Budget rental. He told them he had insurance, he doesn't even own a car. They didn't even ask him for an insurance card. But my complaint is deeper than that. State Farm does not do any calling around for you. So "I" with my lousy disposition had to figure out who to call and then from there it got ugly. Budget says they are not responsible. The drunk' who's personal info I have, called me a "white ***** and I'm not paying nothing to you". So I called him at midnight, 2 am, 4 am, and his wife at 5 am. I need a rental car from them as the body shop will keep my car for 2 weeks. So State Farm won't help with a rental despite the hundreds of thousands of dollars I have paid them. I told them to send the check for repair to me, cancel my policy as of now, I have given them 5 days for the check, then Adult Protective Services takes over, after all, I have driven that same car for 28 years like I thought I was Dale Earnhardt and NEVER had even a bumper bump. I will have the check, allow my beloved IROC to continue on it way to being junk, and like Anthony Muhammud I will be selfish, and NOT pay a dime for insurance. Now, we will end the subject as I have made up my mind, and the whole subject gets me wound up. So, my car will not be mentioned again. Unless I am selling it to the junkman. END OF SUBJECT
Y'all should see the pretty Russian tortoise that came to me from Manteca yesterday...and she's huge!! I'll go get a picture later. It's still too cold out there for me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

Cold here too....Good day all. Hope all are fine.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I need a life coach. I sit down to do one thing and 27 distractions later I'm wondering what it was I planned on doing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I need a life coach. I sit down to do one thing and 27 distractions later I'm wondering what it was I planned on doing.

...not a life coach, just a good pencil and pad of paper. Lists...lists...lists!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Several years ago, when I first joined this Forum, I put up pictures of my Russian group and asked EgyptianDan to tell me their sub species. I adopted out everything except the K ones. Kasbecistan or something like that. So I have three females and one male.

Yesterday a very nice couple drove down from Manteca, about 120 miles, and brought me their female Russian tortoise because they'll soon be retiring and travelling.

OMG!!! She's a beauty! I've always been pretty proud of my female because she's pretty darned pretty (and big), but this new one, Rabbit, puts mine to shame:

2016 Rescue #61 (on the right) a.jpg 2016 Rescue #61 (On the right) b.jpg

In the picture my tortoise is about an inch from the fence and Rabbit is about a half inch from the fence, but the tape is right up to the fence. My tortoise is about 7" SCL and Rabbit, besides being wider, is about 8.5 or 9" SCL. She's the biggest Russian I've ever seen.

I don't know is she's one of the K ones or not...she's a keeper!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
...not a life coach, just a good pencil and pad of paper. Lists...lists...lists!!!

I am a definitely list person, and it has to be physical lists. My boyfriend puts notes in his phone and I just don't remember things that way. We have a 4x6ft whiteboard that has all of the long term lists also.

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh, Maggie...that is so pretty. Not only is the rose pretty, but the presentation is very artistic.

Thanks, but the artistic part was an accident. But I think it's pretty also. And slightly proud.