Pretend Chat 2.14

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I'm not one for joining in. I never attended any of the work or union functions. And since I retired, I've really turned into a recluse.

Sounds like you had a pretty nice time. Wow. . . 50 years in the same union.
Yes I had a good time. Your local was probably much bigger than mine and you didn't get to really know many of the other members. We are usually a small group of members, around 300 normally. But right now there is a project going on at the LNG plant in Cove Point Md (where i found my first cactus in 1965) that has over 2200 insulators working now. When the job is complete they will all be gone, but they are making good money now. People were asking me to get me to come out of retirement and work 600 hours, I just looked at them dumbfounded. 50 years went by like a snap of the fingers, I was wrong about 2 years I get should my 50 year pin next year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes I had a good time. Your local was probably much bigger than mine and you didn't get to really know many of the other members. We are usually a small group of members, around 300 normally. But right now there is a project going on at the LNG plant in Cove Point Md (where i found my first cactus in 1965) that has over 2200 insulators working now. When the job is complete they will all be gone, but they are making good money now. People were asking me to get me to come out of retirement and work 600 hours, I just looked at them dumbfounded. 50 years went by like a snap of the fingers, I was wrong about 2 years I get should my 50 year pin next year.

I like your new avatar

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah,Kevin that sucks to drive all that way . When you moved Houston you picked the worse freeway to live off of . 290 is always under construction. They fix something then break it again . When I worked on the other side of town I hated the traffic. I moved offices and have a 15 minute drive to work now . That hour drive would kick my butt everyday. The trade off is great . The only bad thing is the operation side of this office has a gaggle of slackers . I have to babysit these douchbags all day . It's only when you send them home with no pay they know how to work suddenly . They turned me into a motivational speaker . No work go home motivated now lazy ? Haha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sterling is so busy. She's rearranging the pile of newspaper:

Sterling 7-31-17.jpg

And Little Missy Kitty is busy doing what she mostly does all day long (hint - look closely at the clean clothes inside the basket):

Little Missy Kity 7-31-17.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Geeezzzzzzzzz what are you guys doing ? I know y'all aren't working !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just had lunch with the woman who was sorta at times like a second Mother to my brat. She is getting her final cancer treatment this Friday. :) So nice to have a real life human to really talk with.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I went out to mow the brown house front yard. Third trip around, I took the belt off the mower deck. :(

theguy67

10 Year Member!
Pretty good. How have things been with you?

Can't complain. Sold one of my yearlings yesterday. Doing some house cleaning today...I always forget to check back in this thread after commenting lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA