RIP Daisy

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
Good evening everyone,

Anyone whose read my thread Daisy Has A Cold will know that Daisy was very ill with TB. I decided to let her go at 80 years and now she is asleep. I am heartbroken.

Going back to cuddle Jacky

MaNaAk
I’m so very sorry for your loss. A companion that has been around for that many years will be sorely missed. Please know that I am keeping you close to my heart.

MaNaAk

Southend
I’m so very sorry for your loss. A companion that has been around for that many years will be sorely missed. Please know that I am keeping you close to my heart.
Thankyou so much Jenny. Daisy's original mum (my mum) was called Jenifer. I believe mum, nana and dad were looking down on Daisy on Thursday. They may have woken Jacky (87) up and allowed her to say goodbye.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone,

Anyone whose read my thread Daisy Has A Cold will know that Daisy was very ill with TB. I decided to let her go at 80 years and now she is asleep. I am heartbroken.

Going back to cuddle Jacky

MaNaAk
Just letting everyone know that on Thursday when my beloved Daisy was put the vet and discussed the likely that she may have contracted the bacteria from the night when the fox got into the tortoise house in our old garden. This was just over a year before the first lump appeared and the vet agreed that it could have started at that point or she may become too cold whilst hibernating. I will be taking for a check up when she wakes up but otherwise neither of us have any symptoms.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Jacky will be able to use it as well if the enclosure can withstand her hyperactivity!

MaNaAk
Between the two of them Jacky preferred climbing and climbed to the top of a compost heap where she got stuck and looked like a flying tortoise and Daisy preferred tunnelling having made two attempts to visit the neighbours.

MaNaAk

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
May I ask how Daisy and Jacky came to be in your life? How long did you have her? I can only imagine :(

MaNaAk

Southend
Mum had Jacky when she was eight years old (mum's age) and another little tortoise who didn't survive her first winter due to a mouse attack. Daisy came a year later and enjoyed seventy-two years in the family. It was exactly a week ago that Daisy slipped away and I have called Jacky 'Daisy' twice today.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Three weeks on and the grief of losing Daisy still comes back. I miss her because she was so special.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
In 2015 My Bob was killed by a Veterinarian. So that was 17 years ago, and I still cry.
View attachment 352424
What a gorgeous boy! I'm so sorry to hear about Bob. Tortoises's are so special and until people have had them as pets they don't really know what it's like to lose one. Bob looks like he's posing.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear MaNaAk & Maggie

it is so difficult losing a special member of our family.
Thinking of you both
Amanda & Ernie 🐢🐢
Thankyou Amanda and Ernie. She is an angel now.

Natrah and Sleeping Beauty

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola,

I think Maggie is meant to be Jacky.

MaNaAk and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Sorry Zola I've just realised that Maggie is meant to be Magz.

MaNaAk and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

One month since Daisy was put to sleep and I still get tearful. Mum, dad and nana pleased look after her.

Love

MaNaAk