Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Just sitting down to cocoa and biscuits after putting Jacky to bed. We said goodnight to everyone and we think of Zola's walks and strokes. I hope you're all settling in Edward and no you shouldn't hibernate. We also hope that Dickie, Sherman, George, Sue and our other friends are okay.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - the weather has been better than predicted - it has been dry all day, with some sun - however, Richard had to do a lot more garden work, so Zola didn't get a walk on the breakwater today. And I don't think he will tomorrow, either, as the forecast is poor. I try to keep Zola company in his conservatory, but he can get annoyed that I'm not giving him my full attention- after all, that's what mums are for! He did get a long stroke, though - he does love that.
Love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and love to all our tortoise friends from Angie xxxxxxxxx
and Zola xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone,

Yes we had a lovely autumn day here as well and Jacky has been going out but she finds it colder now. However the vet says that I should keep feeding her until October so as they predict much colder weather I'm going to see what she's like after her soak and then I'm going to put her back in her enclosure but I'll see what it's like tomorrow. I want to treat her to strawberries because mum and Daisy would have been 82 tomorrow. Sue did Dickie come out and eat today? Also Edward I don't think you should be hibernating.

Goodnight everyone

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

It's been a sad day as it's also mum's birthday but not helped by waking up to miserable weather. Anyhow it did clear up despite a shower in the afternoon and Jacky and I marked the day with strawberries and dandelions. I had lunch at the Cliffs Pavilion as usual and then I had an Indian takeaway just as we always did on someone's birthday. Jacky had a soak and then I decided to put her in the enclosure. The view over the Thames Estuary told me that Zola had some rain and according to the forecast Dickie and Sherman will have rain tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah IMG20240922143308.jpgIMG20240921094539.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello dear Natrah - we have been thinking a lot about you and Jackie today, of course, and sending our love to you both. It has been very wet and cold here today, so no walk, but my dad lit a fire for me to sit by with my mum for our stroke. That was very nice. I thik it will be pretty bad tomorrow, too. I like my conservatory, which was built especially for me, but when it rains very hard, it is very noisy on the roof, which I don't like.
Lots of love to you, Jackie and precious Angel Daisy and all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxx
and Angie xxxxxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
The view over the Thames Estuary told me that Zola had some rain and according to the forecast Dickie and Sherman will have rain tomorrow
We have had so much rain in the area which has caused a lot of street flooding. Pictures of it were on the news tonight. Thunderstorms yesterday & overnight as well, almost non stop rain. Would you believe it, Dickie was out early in the rain & stayed out all day, yet when it’s a nicer day she doesn’t come out until late or not at all! She didn’t want to eat anything though. Pete gave her a bath as well as she was quite muddy then dried her off before putting her back in her bed.
George was desperate to go out all day & finally went out once the rain eased off this evening & ended up getting in a fight. So he had to be dried off as well then Pete went in search of his collar which he found up the street. Will have to keep a look out for any lumps that might appear over the next few days!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I hope you have had a good day - it has been fairly dry and sunny, but a bit cold. My dad was doing a lot of clearing up in the garden, as we are getting more central heating oil delivered this week, and the way to get to the tank at the back of the house has been rather overgrown.He has taken loads of stuff to the tip. My mum was busy too, and not giving me enough attention, so I got very cross and climbed around knocking things over and pushing stuff about, and also leaving some generous presents in my wake ! In the end we were able to have a long stroke, and I felt a lot better, and so did she, I'm sure.
Love to you and Jackie and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Zola have you calmed down now. Did you have any rain? We had a bit here in the morning but it must be worse for Dickie, Sherman, George and Sue? Anyway I went shopping and on the way back I found a dandelion flower and gave it Jacky. She hadn't been eating for a few days but she couldn't resist this! Anyway she ate quite a bit in the enclosure after giving in to dandelions so this relieved me tremendously and I can start lowering temperatures next week before eventually allowing back outside to continue cooling down for fridge hibernation.

Goodnight everyone

PS: George are you okay after your encounter?

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good evening everyone!

Zola have you calmed down now. Did you have any rain? We had a bit here in the morning but it must be worse for Dickie, Sherman, George and Sue? Anyway I went shopping and on the way back I found a dandelion flower and gave it Jacky. She hadn't been eating for a few days but she couldn't resist this! Anyway she ate quite a bit in the enclosure after giving in to dandelions so this relieved me tremendously and I can start lowering temperatures next week before eventually allowing back outside to continue cooling down for fridge hibernation.

Goodnight everyone

There’s been so much rain we even managed a brief mention on the main BBC news due to the flooding.
Roads into the next village heading towards town are shut so a detour through our village is the only way residents & others can go anywhere. Some of the caravan parks have been evacuated for the second time this year. I see there is more rain forecast for tomorrow.
Dickie didn’t come out today even though it had stopped raining. George is ok at the moment thanks but he is behaving a bit strangely. Something outside is definately affecting him making him all twitchy & a bit hyper. He calms down after a while. He is still licking his foot but not so much.
Booked to go out for lunch tomorrow so I’m hoping the roads are ok.
Goodnight all

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Good evening everyone!

Goodnight everyone

My servant found me two dandelion flowers yesterday, probably the last ones here this season, I gobbled them right up!

Edward :tort: