Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Just Googled active tortoise but not eating and it could be the changing weather but I might take Jacky to the vets to be sure.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

I've booked an appointment for Monday at 5.45 pm for a checkup. Unfortunately it is with a new vet at the practice but knowing I've got an appointment is relaxing. Jacky hasn't eaten but she seems chilled.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - we shall be thinking of you and Jacky on Monday. I have had quite a good day - it was quite sunny, and so my dad took me to the breakwater, and I had a very long walk. Then I had a rest and stroke from my mum, who is not feeling too good today. She is just finishing her first month of her new headache pills, and so far, she really isn't sure that they are helping - but it is still too soon to be sure, as they do take a long time to work, if they are going to.
Have you heard about the floods in Canada ? - my dad still has friends in Toronto, and it seems to be pretty bad where they live, and where his old home is. That just doesn't ever happen there !
Goodnight and lots of love to you and Jacky and Angel Daisy, and all our forum friends
from Zola and Angie xxxxxx
Looking over the fields from our front garden ...
IMGP9263.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

Jacky's tucked into breakfast and I am so relieved. I've shed a few tears because I still miss Daisy but I believe she looks down on us. Thankyou all so much for your wonderful support. I still want to keep Monday's appointment for a checkup.

Natrah and Jacky

PS: I pressed by mistake.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

I've had a good breakfast and I am currently enjoying lunch of grass, dandelions, greens, lettuce and best of all strawberries. I really do appreciate what Natrah so I am going to leave her a present at some stage. Apparently I am still going to the man that pokes tortoises so he will be shoved and I will be a bit messy!

Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

I've had a good breakfast and I am currently enjoying lunch of grass, dandelions, greens, lettuce and best of all strawberries. I really do appreciate what Natrah so I am going to leave her a present at some stage. Apparently I am still going to the man that pokes tortoises so he will be shoved and I will be a bit messy!

Jacky
I remember Daisy shoving this man and I tried to walk out on him and towards Natrah!

Jacky

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I am just off for a walk on the breakwater, but here is another garden photo first. The lawn was recently strimmed by my dad, so it doesn't look as nice and green as I like it. Quite pretty, though.
Love from Zola xxxxxx
gardenjuly142024.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah - I am just off for a walk on the breakwater, but here is another garden photo first. The lawn was recently strimmed by my dad, so it doesn't look as nice and green as I like it. Quite pretty, though.
Love from Zola xxxxxx
View attachment 374794
Yes I've been looking at these photos Zola and your garden is amazing! It must be a haven for wildlife.

Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah -I think most of the wildlife is in the back garden, actually - there are a lot of bird feeders, and we get lots of different kinds of birds. I can see them all from my conservatory, and also hear them singing - and they make a lot of noise scrabbling about on the conservatory roof too.
We have quite a few sparrows, also t*ts - blue, great, coal, -and sometimes long-tailed, also chaffinches, goldfinches, nuthatches, siskins, - and of course blackbirds, sometimes thrushes - and, most important of all -robins !!! And a little wren, who lives in a bush by my window.
I won't mention the starlings and occasional crows and pigeons - they are not regular residents, fortunately.
And then there are the swallows in the carport! Other than that, we have an occasional hedgehog, feeding under the bird feeders,but not much else.Oh, and woodpeckers !
Richard feeds the birds twice a day - it is quite expensive, but worth it to us.
I went for my walk this afternoon with my dad - it started off sunny and bright, but soon became very grey, but I didn't mind.
I hope you have had a good day, and that Jacky eats lots again tomorrow too.
Love to you, her, Angel Daisy, and to all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxxxxxx and Angie xxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I have been sweltering so I am sitting here with a glass of lemonade instead of the usual cocoa and also chocolates given by a pupil. Jacky has gone having been feasting on lettuce, grass, dandelions, greens and strawberries. She says she didn't want to give me a fright but she thought she should be thinking of hibernating.

Zola your garden is awash with colour and with all that wildlife I could spend ours gazing at what comes into your garden. You must get a lot of butterflies as well. Would your parents know what they are? How has your mum been today? How are you Sue and Edward and his servant? Also Alex, Marsha and Chef?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

PS: Jacky thankyou all for thinking of her.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
I was a bit worried about Jacky and I'm glad she's back to her usual self.

Besha is doing fine. She was less active when stayed outside at nights (25C was a bit cold) but now I take her in the enclosure with toasty 28C for a night sleep and she has her appetite and curiosity back. I offered her a bright colored leaf of coleus and a spider plant today which she politely declined but chewed wild lamb's quarters to roots. Also a piece of watermelon was warmely welcomed.

I also spend some time at our local pet store talking to the owner about reptile care. Now beardies and blue-tongued skink have good UVB lights and tortoises are enjoying natural sunlight. A small change for the better.

Attachments

• PXL_20240711_071900778.jpg
    PXL_20240711_071900778.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hello Natrah
we are all doing ok thankyou.
Dickie has eaten plenty today but I think it got a little too hot for her & she stayed in the shade a lot of the time. Im not a hot weather person so I stayed indoors. The tumbledryer has been fixed thankfully. I do use it all year round as washing hanging outside is likely to get used for target practice by the birds!
The rat I saw on our trailcam has brought a friend so I am trying to discourage them as I don’t want a problem. They seem to have taken up residence under the shed. I have had to remove the hedgehog food that I put in the nearby food station. It’s a shame as the camera shows the hogs visiting the box but finding only a dish of water.
We have set up a humane trap in the hope of catching at least one of them but I know from past experience they are quite suspicious of new things so it probably won’t work. Anyway 🤞
Glad Jacky is eating plenty again. I was thinking the same about Dickie that she would start to think it’s time to prepare for hibernation, something she usually starts around end of August by reducing her food intake. It’s only a month away anyway & it doesn’t feel like their summer has got properly started yet 😳

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - when I listed our birds, I forgot greenfinches - which we don't get often , and don't like - they are bullies ! And I forgot our pheasant, Clarence. He appeared in our front garden, and had obviously hurt his leg. I persuaded him to rest under a big bush, and brought him food. I fed him for some weeks, and as he got better he would follow me about in the garden. He was beautiful, as you can see.
clarence2La.jpg
One day, he was out on the lawn, and a loud noise startled him - He flew straight to me - almost into my arms ! I was quite proud of that !
Anyway, weeks went by, and sometimes other pheasants would come too, and they would have a bit of a get-together on our lawn - but Clarence was the boss. Eventually he stopped hanging around, and I never saw him again,alas.
Angie x

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Good afternoon everyone,

It has been warm, so I got out yesterday and today to get some sun in my outdoor enclousure. I have had some trouble pooping but always managed to poop to my soak. I got to try some melon today for my constipation. Luckily there hasn't been any tail scratching anymore.

My servant has been packing, we will be moving to the city where her university is for the semester. We move on the first of August and the semester will start in the end of August. All the apartments on campus are full so we had to find one from the private market. I am going to have my own balcony!

Edward :tort:

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@zolasmum what incredible pictures you posted, such a beautiful garden. I truly wish you had more relief and am sending as many good vibes as I can your way (might experience a little turbulence over the pond but hopefully they reach you).

zolasmum

5 Year Member
@zolasmum what incredible pictures you posted, such a beautiful garden. I truly wish you had more relief and am sending as many good vibes as I can your way (might experience a little turbulence over the pond but hopefully they reach you).
Oh, thank you very much - many people would consider it a mess but I love to have the colours and shapes all mixed up together, because the combinations change all the time, as flowers open or fade, so every day there is a new surprise.
I'm struggling a bit with getting used to my new pills, but I'm sure your kind thoughts will reach and help me
Angie